Come be the Digital Media star at Canada's fastest-growing private Customs Brokerage and Freight Forwarding group!
Pacific Customs Brokers is the group’s flagship company, with clients hailing from all corners of the world. From our Headquarters in South Surrey, we project ourselves onto the international stage and are linked 24/7 to the vast world of global commerce which is reshaping our modern societies.
Although we are traditional in our use of phone before email, and have a team of 10 receptionists so clients don’t have to navigate an endless phone tree, we get excited about incorporating our ‘old soul’ nature into new marketing concepts.
Reporting to the President, this full-time position will be based in our Head Office. Together with the Marketing team, you will work closely with various business units to promote and expand our brand.
As a savvy marketer, you understand that you must reach all viable client segments and are able to use all of the tools at your disposal. From traditional mailings to social commenting, the latest tweet, and good old firm handshakes, you are a well-rounded professional able to speak to all client bases.
You are willing to learn the business, able to think strategically, and both willing and able to roll up your sleeves to help implement the programs. This is not an Ivory Tower position.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain a comprehensive digital media strategy to increase visibility, lead generation, engagement, clickthrough and conversion rates across all Pacific Customs Brokers brands
- Develop and execute campaigns which include key phrase research, landing pages, marketing automation and social media post scheduling
- Research SEO competition, CPC, keywords and phrases.
- Measure and report on KPIs to gauge the impact of digital media on the overall marketing efforts
- Facilitate online conversations with clients and work with internal team members to answer questions
- Work with the team to copy-write headlines, calls to action, subject lines and titles that inject our traditional brand voice into latest concepts
- Create content alongside team members, including blogs, infographics, videos, ebooks and whitepapers
- Optimize and revitalize evergreen content
- Contribute to content editing, proofreading and fact checking
- Strategize with and educate the management team and others across the company on incorporating relevant digital media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company's products and services
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage digital media activities ("marketing R&D")
- Contribute to offline marketing efforts such as events and marketing strategy.
The Key Required Skills:
- Experience creating and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Strong knowledge of search engines and optimization tools
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- 2+ years of experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Insatiable thirst for knowledge on digital media tools and changes in the marketing landscape
- Ability to explain your ideas and techniques to a lay audience
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of business units
- Effective presentation skills and client-service orientation