Closing Date: 5/30/2017
Coastal Community Credit Union is the largest financial services organization based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands and serves over 110,000 members and clients through its 23 branches, 16 insurances offices and 4 business centers. Coastal Community is committed to improving financial health, enriching lives and building healthier communities. We are seeking to fill the position of Digital Marketing Specialist.
Reporting to the AVP Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible to develop, implement and measure communications and promotions for a variety of digital channels. This position incorporates operational objectives through communication across a variety of media channels inclusive of social media, digital signage and internal corporate messaging. The Digital Marketing Specialist monitors and evaluates traffic and usage of media channels and makes adjustments as required to support overall organizational growth and direction. This position also provides strategic analysis and insight on overall content management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development, implementation, reviewing and monitoring of a digital strategy to achieve business results through a variety of digital channels.
- Drives traffic to Coastal Community’s online properties through effective use of search engine optimization, paid ads, and social media content.
- Provides input into the development of the digital content management annual operating plan and budget with a focus on increasing traffic and usage of digital media channels.
- Researches consumer trends and online/digital communications effectiveness to provide recommendations for enhanced usage.
- Works with the AVP Marketing to enhance the content and effectiveness of the external website focusing on content and functionality while ensuring that the overall site is user friendly.
- Develops, implements, monitors and reports on website content changes focusing on the professional image of the organization; as well as provides recommendations for adjustments.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in digital media, communications, marketing, or other related disciplines, requiring 3-4 years of full-time study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including marketing designations.
Our successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience in the digital media and/or marketing field
- Previous experience creating digital content for a variety of digital solutions
- Previous experience with content management systems and applications
- Previous experience monitoring and analyzing traffic to digital applications
- Previous experience with Facebook advertising including the use of Power Editor, custom audiences, and the Facebook Pixel
- Working knowledge of online advertising including Google Adwords, programmatic, and pre-roll
In addition, our preferred candidate will also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Demonstrated communication and creative thinking skills
- Previous experience with a financial institution is an asset
The Digital Marketing Specialist will develop collaborative, positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and will be a team player. This individual will also be a self-learner with high motivation to engage in continuous learning and self-development opportunities.