At EllisDon, we’re constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are supporting the success of EllisDon by maintaining the company's online presence. It can be a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy the fast-paced environment of social media and the Internet. Your co-workers look to you for solutions, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think “I supported that coming together and celebrated it on the web”.
In the position of Digital Marketing Specialist , we would ask you to do the following:
- Collaborate with the marketing communications team to develop and implement our online marketing strategy.
- Ensure Company websites and internal Portal are fully functional and regularly maintained with relevant and up-to-date information.
- Oversee EllisDon's Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc). Facilitate social media adoption within EllisDon and bring forward new opportunities to heighten our online presence.
- Monitor social media networks for potential issues and escalate to appropriate contact.
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve, expand and enhance our online content offerings, providing research, guidance and innovation for new digital marketing initiatives or procedures.
- Coordinate project photo shoots and other special projects across the country to be used in marketing materials.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Web-Based Information Technology, Marketing or Communications or a closely related field.
- You have a minimum of two years experience performing web content management and publishing in a CMS (Liferay and/or Joomla preferred).
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and managing effective web environments, including HTML(5), web design, and content management systems (e.g. LifeRay) and strategies.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, photography and video production an asset.