Do you have a passion for digital marketing? If so, don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of Great Canadian’s BC Digital Marketing team! This is an amazing opportunity for someone who lives and breathes the world of digital marketing. This role will work closely in supporting email marketing development, social media, and digital marketing support for all of Great Canadian’s BC properties.
Taking direction from the Manager, Direct & Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist will help execute email marketing campaigns, develop a strong social media presence, and assist with the deployment of other digital marketing initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities for our next Digital Marketing Specialist will include:
- Assisting the BC Marketing and Operations teams to define and execute email and social media programs that meet business objectives
- Coordinating email campaigns, including creating email mockups, deploying campaigns and building website landing pages when necessary
- Building and managing segmented email lists
- Assisting in developing social media initiatives that improve community size and engagement
- Helping set and optimize performance indicators for SEO that are understandable and which complement overall marketing and business objectives
- Updating web properties that function on the Wordpress platform (basic updates)
- Actively participate in the creation of all social content marketing plans to increase both the volume of followers through social media channels as well as the engagement level of such followers (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube)
- Analyzing websites for improvements through Google Analytics
- Preparing email and social media metrics reporting for analysis
- Assisting in the creation of segmentation, targeting schemes, A/B Testing
- Collaborating with all Great Canadian Casino Properties including Elements Casino, Hastings Racecourse, River Rock Casino Resort, Elements Casino Victoria, Casino Nanaimo and our Chances Community Gaming Centers in BC
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Performing other digital marketing tasks as instructed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Personifies Great Canadian’s values in action: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving Service Excellence
- Post-secondary degree, preferable in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2 years’ experience in digital marketing experience including email marketing and social media/WeChat
- Knowledge of email marketing and social media best practices
- Expert knowledge of SEO, SEM/paid search, WordPress, digital display ads, programmatic, social media ads, Google Analytics, content creation, and social media tactics.
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics experience
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and delivering marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
- Proven track record of establishing and scaling an effective integrated marketing function.
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving combined with a natural interest in understanding guest behaviour
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS PHP, and website administration is mandatory.
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- The ability to successfully obtain or maintain a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Ability to successfully obtain a Serving It Right certificate
- Must have access to reliable transportation