Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, executing and measuring digital marketing and social media marketing campaigns via online marketing vehicles and channels including display advertising, paid search advertising, mobile advertising, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging online platforms.
The role is responsible for engaging stakeholders, briefing creative and media, providing feedback, managing timelines and deliverables for digital campaigns.
The role acts as an advocate and subject matter expert of digital and social media within the organization, supporting various departments (marketing, stores, ecommerce, and merchandising) with their digital and social media campaigns and initiatives.
The role will also support the brand in acquiring and retaining customers via its digital channels, managing/moderating Future Shop’s facebook and twitter communities, supporting marketing/merchandising on the execution of co-op campaigns and provide domain expertise for online advertising and marketing.
Develop and execute online marketing campaigns
- Digital advertising campaigns (display banner advertising and paid search advertising)
- Mobile advertising (advertising on mobile devices and/or emerging media)
- The role is responsible for engaging stakeholders, briefing creative and media, providing feedback, managing timelines and deliverables for online campaigns.
Social media marketing
- Devise and execute social media marketing campaigns to support product launches, in-store events, and sales events.
- Develop audience acquisition, engagement and retention campaigns and programs
- Manage and moderate Future Shop’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
Provides Digital and Social Media expertise
- Work with marketing, ecommerce, retail operations, merchandising, and other departments on executing their digital and social media marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Act as advocate and subject matter expertise for digital and social media.
Campaign analysis and reporting
- Analyze and communicate results from online and social media marketing campaigns
- Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Develop and publish reports to inform planning rhythm
All requirements are based on 3-5 plus years of experience and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Digital marketing experience
- Digital media/online advertising experience (display advertising, paid search, mobile advertising)
- Hands-on social media experience (audience development, social media marketing tools, vendors, best practices)
- Project management experience (interactive/web projects)
- Campaign analysis experience (digital/social media marketing metrics and tools)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Team player and works well with cross-functional teams
- Savvy with latest in digital and social media\
- Passion to engage/support consumers/customers
- Creative and learner by nature
- French language skills an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related field preferred
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers. With more than 17,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates the Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca) and Best Buy Canada (www.bestbuy.ca) brands, providing unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs. We pride ourselves as being one of the best employers in the country. We offer a competitive benefits package and our Head Office employees enjoy great amenities at our South Burnaby location such as an in-house gym and restaurant facilities, free parking, shuttle service, in-house dry cleaning services and more.