Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be the primary person responsible for the maintenance of the Urban Barn website, managing all SEO activities, measuring and reporting all social media efforts as well as providing analysis of all online marketing campaigns. This role is critical to the organization and will add significant value to the Marketing team. This position is based in our Head Office in Burnaby, BC.
• Create, develop and manage content for Urban Barn website
• Manage online and other traditional SEO activities
o Includes link building, keyword research, social media and optimizing content
• Develop and execute email marketing plan
• Develop and manage content on social media sites
o Maintain Urban Barn’s Facebook page, Twitter account, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc
- Analyse the impact of social media efforts and provide reports and recommendations based on results
- Utilize Google Analytics to provide analyses of website and online marketing campaigns.
- Assist with updating creative for print and online using Adobe Creative Suite
- Maintain Urban Barn’s corporate intranet site using Wordpress
- Contribute to building a positive, collaborative company culture
- Diploma or degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years experience in consumer Internet marketing is preferred
- Strong understanding of Web design and SEO
- Passion for Social Media and good knowledge of related tools and technologies, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social websites and tools
- Must possess good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, HTML and MS Office programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and manage their time effectively. Must be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- High degree of adaptability; flexibility to change and the ability to maintain a sense of humour in a highly dynamic environment
Urban Barn, a home furniture and accessories retailer, has in recent years experienced extraordinary growth. We are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring their energy, creativity and passion to the mix, and directly contribute to Urban Barn’s success story.