indaba is a leading relationship and social media agency in Vancouver servicing international clients that include real estate firms, technology companies, fashion labels, restaurants, hotels, non-profit organizations, and political campaigns.
We chose the name indaba for its traditional Zulu meaning of a gathering where important ideas are shared, solutions achieved, and all stakeholders are given a voice.
At indaba, we bring brands and consumers together to create meaningful relationships and promote dialogue in the digital space. We focus on helping businesses grow modern communities that are centralized around creating and expanding, and building trust, brand identity, and loyalty.
The Sales Associate is responsible for a variety of critical company initiatives centered around extending indaba's brand and core mission to potential clients across Canada and the United States. Our search for the perfect candidate will focus on individuals with the ability to develop personal sales plans and create innovative strategies to reach new clients. This position requires a full-speed ahead personality and uncanny skills to develop relationships through phone, email and face-to-face opportunities. Are you that person?
The Sales Associate will be relentless in lead generation – via social media, phone, email and at various networking events. You will have the exciting opportunity to help prospects understand how our services can solve critical business issues and ultimately drive ROI for the client.
In summary, qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- LEADERSHIP: You have the ability to inspire, focus, develop, and drive achievement
- ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT & INFLUENCE: You possess an exceptional ability to influence different types of people to create a desired outcome; you love to close
- ORGANIZATION: You have the ability to break down large, complex goals to achievable qualitative and quantitative results; you are a big fan of managing by numbers
- SALES TECHNIQUE: You enjoy selling and the art of making the deal. You have studied the sales process in a number of different ways
- TEAM WORK: You enjoy working within a team of strong, motivated, cross-discipline top performers
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications
- 2+ years' experience in sales and/or relationship building with a proven track record
- Strong ability to connect and engage key decision makers
- Experience developing high level strategic sales plans
- Proven ability to work in an incredibly fast, dynamic and often hectic work environment
- You thrive on competition and winning
- You’re organized in all aspects of business development including call plans, follow ups, and proposal writing
- Are numbers- and goal-oriented
- Strong online/digital marketing knowledge – training will be provided for the right candidate
- Agency experience (digital preferred)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com