The Digital Factory is an agile shop with an intense focus on end user experience, rapid iteration and quality software delivery on a daily basis. We have the support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
As a key member of the digital marketing community of practice, the digital marketing product owner will play a lead in providing the vision and roadmap for our digital marketing initiatives. The incumbent will be a key player within a cross functional team to build best in class digital marketing experiences that engage our clients.
- As a digital marketing product owner take responsibility for an experience or campaign from design through to live implementation.
- Elicit marketing insights and requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications, epics and user stories according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously and concisely.
- Spearhead a dedicated digital marketing design and development team through the agile process to deliver new experiences and functionality for our digital marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the agile team.
- Communicate digital marketing vision and design approaches to key stakeholders through presentations, demos and documentation.
- Translate digital marketing directives and customer needs into backlog items. Serve as the primary source of external information for the agile teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Apply incremental delivery principles, drive the delivery of business value, communicate progress, elicit feedback and enable stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria, facilitate testing and review of early builds for adherence to functional requirements.
- Manage engagement with marketing stakeholders and effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/customer journey.
- Identify and manage business activities (operating model, training, communications etc.) required to support agile initiatives.
- Oversee team financials, develop value-at-stake and total cost of ownership models and define KPIs to measure business outcomes and team success.
- Facilitate problem solving on a day-today basis as required, working closely with development on implementation challenges.
- Coach team members and help with their development / desired outcomes as required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a technology-related Digital Marketing Specialist, Product Owner, or as Subject Matter Expert in the digital marketing domain.
- Post-secondary in marketing or a related discipline, or have equivalent experience.
- Excellent two-way communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills, including interviewing skills for engaging with individuals and groups about their needs.
- Ability to ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to work with the vast array of data gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Excellent reporting skills for providing ongoing visibility to stakeholders on product delivery status and future delivery plans.
- Proven track record of using Agile methodologies including 2+ years experience managing large, complex marketing projects in digital environments with multiple teams.
- Prior experience using Agile/Scrum framework within a digital/web environment.
- Strong understanding of technology, the process of software engineering and UI design, plus a keen sense of diplomacy. It is also beneficial to have a passion for music and digital media. Leading IT and business teams.
- Influencing senior executive decisions.
- Enthusiastic, thorough, inclusive and results-oriented; Ability and desire to help others thrive in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Eager to mentor, teach, share and learn.
- Deep passion in first class customer experiences, innovation and delivering software.
- Work experience in facilitation and fact-based problem solving to resolve complex issues and drive actionable outcomes.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner designation a significant asset.
- Experience in a digital marketing company or top-tier digital marketing agency an asset.