Recon Instruments is the world leader in smartglass technology for sports and high intensity environments. Founded in 2008, Recon’s award winning multi-patent and patent-pending technology platforms integrate a Heads-up Display (HUD) with a state-of-the-art micro-computer and sensor suite that provide performance information, navigation, and more, direct-to-eye, in real-time. With worldwide distribution and partnerships with leading technology and optics companies, Recon continues to define and evolve the HUD category.
We’re looking to expand our exciting and innovative team with a Digital Marketing Manager. This highly valuable role gives you the opportunity to build and expand upon your extensive knowledge of web marketing and digital campaigns. Including deep knowledge and experience with social media advertising placements, targeting, re-targeting, ROI optimization, funnel management, SEO optimization, social media, community building, and CRM Management to help improve strategies and hit company-wide goals.
Our ideal candidate knows the digital marketing landscape like the back of their hand and will be a high impact contributor at both strategic and tactical levels. This role will be highly influential in day-to-day decision making within the marketing and sales team.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Products, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for defining, implementing and analyzing web marketing campaigns to hit targets and company-wide initiatives. The Digital Marketing manager is also expected to make recommendations on how to improve strategies and campaigns based on his or her analysis.
- Develop and execute an integrated digital marketing strategy across all digital channels.
- Analyze funnel traffic and recommend new business rules for marketing campaigns based on analysis and knowledge of the customer base and its behaviour.
- Manage and personally execute all aspects of Recon’s paid search, display advertising, and social media advertising programs.
- Develop, lead, and monitor SEO optimization plan and metrics to continually improve ongoing campaigns.
- Work closely with web development and design teams on website and email communication improvements, such as newly designed pages, url structure, new email templates, etc.
- Analyze a variety of data such as: customer behavior, web analytics, online marketing, direct marketing and market research.
- Support future direct marketing efforts by leveraging customer and brand insights to help design future lifecycle and triggered campaigns.
- Stay on top of current trends in online marketing, best practices, and test new offerings/technologies.
- Collaborate intensely with CMO, product leadership, customer service, and sales leadership to optimize coordination and ensure we are applying resources against the most high value business priorities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of web marketing experience, with 3+ years experience in online advertising, search marketing, and landing page optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialty in Marketing, Economics, or a field with a quantitative focus; MBA preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively implement SEO best practices.
- Strong working-knowledge of current web technologies and services including: Facebook Platform and Google APIs.
- Experienced analytics and reporting tools user (Brownie points if you're a Google Analytics Guru).
- Advanced experience using and managing campaigns with CRM's.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to grow social accounts and web traffic with minimal spend.
- Proven thought leader in the digital landscape – you eat, sleep and breathe what’s trending.
- Enormously flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
Life at Recon
We brainstorm, design and prototype customer-focused products. At Recon our four core values are important to us. That's why we Create with Passion, Drive to Deliver, Wow the Customer, and Play as a Team.
Life at Recon means working with awesome technology in small teams with friendly people who are passionate about their craft. We also provide ways to let go and have fun because we believe people who enjoy their workplace create great things together.
So, what does fun look like to us? Ping-pong and foosball matches, Friday dinners, weekly happy hour, group bike rides, and company-wide events. At Recon, we care about our teams and fully embrace the west coast work-hard, play-hard mentality.