ABOUT VANCOUVER OPERA
Vancouver Opera is the second largest opera company in Canada and is regarded worldwide for its artistic excellence on the stage, leading education programs, and innovative community programs. This season, Vancouver Opera’s performances are going digital and we’re looking for a strategic and creative individual to support and expand our online presence.
You’re a strategic and results-driven digital specialist with the hands-on technical expertise to execute. You’re always looking at how to optimize, drive, improve and increase performance. You know how digital integrates with the overall marketing strategy. You’re an excellent communicator and know what content will drive results. You have a passion for marketing the arts.
If this sounds like you, we’re looking for a seasoned Digital Marketing Manager to collaborate and work very closely with our team of high performing sales, marketing, and creative professionals. In this role you will lead the digital communications portfolio and content strategy. You will be responsible for the website, social media channels and digital marketing. You will budget, plan and execute campaigns, evaluate performance and champion technology solutions to improve efficiency and results.
- Create and implement the digital marketing plan, online media buy, budget, and performance
- Implement best practices and champion industry trends and technology
- Provide expertise to cross-functional teams to support organizational goals and revenue growth
- Lead the website content strategy, optimize the user experience, build SEO strategy, improve integration with the CRM database and e-commerce tools.
- Develop the SEM strategy, implement and track organic and paid search initiatives to drive website traffic
- Develop the social media strategy, engage with social influencers, evaluate analytics, leverage user generated content and in tandem with our Creative Director create consistent branded content
- Support and collaborate with the marketing team on promotions, pricing strategies, special events, earned media ideas, content development and other initiatives as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum three years of digital marketing or digital media experience is required
- Strong copywriting and content development for website and social channels
- Direct experience using a Wordpress or similar CMS, email marketing software and database/CRM
- Hands-on experience with Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and all social media platforms and tools.
- Adobe Creative Suite, photography, videography and video editing skills are considered an asset
- Highly collaborate and able to work and communicate effectively with others is required
· Monday to Friday with the ability and flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!