pplications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may continue until the position is filled.
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
Thompson Rivers University -> Open Learning -> Marketing and Communication - OL
Kamloops - Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
Thompson Rivers University is looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative, and energized individual to own the digital marketing strategy and digital brand for the Open Learning Division.
The Digital Marketing Manager is an expert and digital marketing thought leader who is focused on utilizing a portfolio of digital marketing channels such as the website, social media, SEM, SEO, content marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, billboards and anything else with a digital foundation, in order to drive and retain students.
As a senior member of the Open Learning Marketing and Communications team, this position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications of the Open Learning Division and will manage a team of web professionals focused on marketing, content, design and development. Being able to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution and creative marketing ideas with data-driven decision-making is imperative.
Strong leadership and communication skills are required to successfully execute cross-departmental efforts as well as high-level reporting to the Open Learning Executive.
- Design, plan and implement an annual digital marketing strategy that aligns with the overall divisional priorities and the strategic marketing goals of the department.
- Create and optimize successful campaigns based on data analysis, best practices and strong understanding of prospective students.
- Utilize a variety of SEM marketing tactics such as PPC, retargeting, landing pages, A/B testing, funnel optimization and others to drive traffic and maximize conversions.
- Perform ongoing analysis of our online properties such as keyword research, SEO, content, link structure, information architecture to improve website analytics and overall user experience.
- Seek, evaluate, recommend and engage in new opportunities to drive traffic, maximize ROI and grow the digital brand.
- Identify benchmarks and set new goals.
- Execute ongoing testing to optimize performance.
- Work with web development, design and content creators to prioritize new projects and ensure cross campaign integration.
- Coordinate with business intelligence team on defining best prospects and ensure strategies are in line with key audiences.
- Provide accurate and actionable reporting to management team and to support campaign performance optimization tactics.
- Remain abreast of changes in the digital marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the institution and adjust business plans accordingly.
- Hire, train, evaluate, manage and mentor staff.
- Serve as an active member on a variety of institutional web and marketing committees.
- Provide strategic council and leadership to online program managers, analysts, management team and other web stakeholders at Thompson Rivers University.
Director of Marketing and Communications, Open Learning
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate specialization such as marketing, management, information systems or related field
- Five to ten years of managing a digital marketing team in a marketing agency environment or within a corporate environment
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THEJOB
- Experience with ownership of digital marketing demand generation performance – visitors, conversion to leads, and conversion to students
- Expert knowledge of online marketing tactics such as SEM, SEO, PPC, display ads, content marketing, and retargeting
- Deep experience in optimizing websites and web properties
- Expert in online analytics and reporting utilizing Google Analytics or other tools to create actionable analytics for evaluating activities and making data-drive decisions
- Working knowledge of: graphic design, web interface design, multimedia, and website development
- Experience in creating and executing multi-channel campaign
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Exceptional analytical skills including proven ability to develop clean testing and identify/diagnose problems and find solutions through data analysis
- Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead across departments to ensure projects are properly prioritized and executed by other groups
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to “turn on a dime”, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Strong budget planning and management, project management and presentation skills
- Technical experience should include:
- Extensive experience working with content management systems including Wordpress and Drupal
- High level of Adobe Creative Suite competency
- Demonstrable knowledge of web design
- Demonstrable understanding of programming languages / concepts / practices and other standard web tools
- Demonstrable understanding of data driven web environments
- Knowledge of web scripting languages and trends in mobile devices
- Knowledge of accessibility web standards
- Familiarity with MS Office and SharePoint
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, please ensure that you bring a copy of your transcripts to the interview
Admin Pay Band BH
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.