Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world’s largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and on-line bidders than any other company in the world. We offer rewarding careers in sales, information technology, administration, accounting, marketing, human resources and auction operations in over 110 locations around the world. The Company maintains a web site at www.rbauction.com and sponsors an equipment wiki at www.RitchieWiki.com.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a Manager, Digital Marketing based at our global head office in south Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, this person will lead the efforts of the integrated digital marketing team. Using the full range of digital marketing platforms and tools, this role will be responsible for driving revenue, customer acquisition & retention, and building brand equity. Strategic and tactical planning of digital marketing programs is in scope for this role.
With the continuously growing share of Ritchie Bros. auction participation taking place online globally, this position will be a key business driver for the enterprise. It is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is strategic, creative and deeply familiar with established and emerging online marketing techniques. The ideal person might be working at the global headquarters of a multinational company or an agency today.
You're definitely looking for a place to share your experience and expertise, and take the team, rbauction.com, and the entire Ritchie Bros. digital marketing program to the next level.
The Key Responsibilities
- Oversees development and execution of digital marketing strategies and execution of business plan in support of acquisition, engagement/loyalty/retention/win-back and brand-building
- Oversees online customer experience and strategically contributes to optimum e-commerce and auction participation functionality
- Provides Digital Marketing Team leadership, coordination, motivation and development
- Manage integration within all digital marketing efforts, as well as integration of those among other RB channels, to increase effectiveness and lead flow toward meeting delivery and revenue targets
- Manage analytics processes toward improving desired outcomes (including conversions, awareness, auction participation, user satisfaction, etc.), as well as toward internal knowledge management
- Introduce strategic testing methods to continually increase and optimize rate of desired outcomes
- Strategize, plan and help to coordinate digital initiatives from several perspectives, including: business goals, systems/process roadmap, and customer experience.
- Keep current on emerging online marketing techniques and opportunities
- Manage digital marketing budgets using comprehensive ROI reporting/forecasting through monitoring, data and statistical analysis of user traffic trends.
- Responsible for leadership and management activities related to integrated digital marketing
- Assess business demands against current capacity & capabilities, and shape supporting resources and systems accordingly
- Stays current with customer interaction data & trends
- Helps to establish defined digital marketing action plans and budgets, and operates within them
- Strives for maximum satisfaction for customers interacting via integrated digital media
- Contributes directly and in support of strategic development of all services delivered via the digital media
The Key Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital marketing including ecommerce, mobile, email, social media and search marketing
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Commerce, Business or Technology discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing and leading teams in a dynamic setting
- Proven marketing expertise with strategic development & tactical execution of compelling and cost-effective digital communication, brand, commerce & service programs, in an integrated marketing and enterprise business context.
- Recent experience executing a growing e-commerce web program, preferably in a multi-channel environment (including retail and/or other transactional channels)
- Proven systems expertise with tools in support of integrated digital marketing, commerce & service, including CRM, email/sms marketing, analytics, content/interface/user experience design, content management, social media management, intranet
- Proven technical expertise of the capabilities of a broad range of digital media technology, including understanding multi-tier web application architectures and relational databases
- Proven analytical skills and expertise for optimizing marketing effectiveness and operational performance
- Knowledge of industry best practices concerning spam, privacy, copyright, etc.
- Experience with vendor and partner management
- Experience in international and cross-cultural marketing