Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Canada for 2013, we honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to work closely with the Digital Marketing Department and third-party contractors to develop, maintain, and publish optimized online content. This position is also responsible for the daily maintenance of existing Vega web content.
You take customer service seriously, but have fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
- Support the digital content and coordination needs for all Vega web properties
- Coordinates the production of all digital content from concept through publication, including copy writing, proofing and approvals
- Ongoing website auditing and reporting of bugs and/or usability improvements
- Ensure that Vega’s digital content meets target audience needs and contributes to business objectives
- Comment moderation and interaction
- Create weekly newsletter briefs, and coordinate the production of Vega’s weekly newsletter
- Ongoing keyword and content-trend research
- Analysis and reporting on online marketing initiatives
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems
- Proven experience writing and publishing online content.
- Familiarity with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong web-based technical experience (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, HTML knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of SEO standards and practices, and proven experience creating search-optimized copy and content
- Experience with Google Analytics and using website metrics to refine and optimize online content to support business objectives
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- You are successful and happy in all areas of your life
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Healthy food and smoothies provided
- In-house Kitchen Chef to prepare daily lunches
- Monthly Vega product at no cost