Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability all thanks to the people we hire.
- 60+ employees with a growth plan to 100
- 3 portfolio companies and more to come
- 1 amazing shared services team
One of our 3 portfolio companies, Shift is our desktop productivity app. Tired of logging in and out of accounts and toggling between tabs, we created Shift to manage your accounts, streamline your workflows, and blow up your productivity. Our Shift team is 10 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
“The exciting, innovative, and collaborative culture at Shift is matched with brilliant, dedicated people who truly enjoy working together to solve problems and achieve big goals. There are endless opportunities to learn, and you really feel like you are having a meaningful impact each and every day.”
We think of the office as a second home and believe you should enjoy your work and the people you work with. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and feel invested in your future. Flexible work hours and health and wellness funding (so you can get your gym membership or race registration paid for, no excuses) are a few of the perks of working at Redbrick. Plus, with regular team events, from ping-pong tournaments to Beer Fridays, work feels a little more like family.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to understand what you’re signing up for before you know if you are interested, right? This is what you need to know:
You’ll create tailored marketing strategies for all major platforms and work with our team to plan and launch campaigns to drive revenue growth across Facebook, Google, Bing, LinkedIn, and other paid channels. You will optimize and scale new and existing campaigns daily with aggressive revenue-driven KPIs and collaborate with our marketing and creative teams to develop and test ad concepts, landing pages, and other marketing materials. Each day you’ll run daily reports on campaign performance and you’ll spend time staying ahead of the trends, and communicating these with the management team as you’re always thinking ahead and planning for growth. You’ll run A/B testing and set up conversion tracking and manage the technical aspects of each campaign and you’ll be responsible for competitive research (what is happening in the marketplace, and how can we do it better?).
After 1 week:
- Curious and intentional. You’ve studied our high-level goals, Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and vision and you’re taking notes. You understand where we’ve come from, and where we are going.
- Asking questions and sharing feedback. You’ve shared detailed notes on the onboarding flow as both a new user and a marketer, and you’re diving into competitive research
- Understanding how we work. You’ve connected with each member of our team in a meaningful way, and you’re putting the pieces together.
After 1 month:
- Shift brand expert. You not only ‘get’ our voice and branding, but you can also produce ad copy and creative that reflects it.
- Hitting the ground running. You’re fully versed in our campaign history at a high level, and you’re starting to own your own projects and campaigns.
- A firm grasp on our marketing KPIs and building your own. You are fully versed in each metric, taking on reporting duties and mapping out your own.
After 6 months
- You fully own your channels and the strategies that drive them. Your work optimizing campaigns, testing new ideas, and directing our creative teams has a direct impact on our bottom line every single day.
- Your curiosity and expertise have surfaced new ideas, and you’re accountable to them through launch, and testing; we are seeing results and scaling quickly.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has 3 things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Digital Marketer with Shift, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing, paid advertising, and brand management.
- Proven experience scaling campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, Bing, LinkedIn Ads, and other paid channels.
- Excellent written communication and experience writing ad copy.
- Deep understanding of brand development.
- Excel / Google Sheets expertise.
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with split testing tools.
- Previous experience in SaaS marketing is an asset.