No movement springs from individuals, it takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we like to use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the rock star Digital Leader will be integral to the evolution and maintenance of Browns digital presence. You have a gift and passion for technology, digital and social media marketing and love to get your hands dirty in big projects that reap big rewards. You must be ambitious and talented, creative and innovative and have a can do attitude. To top it off, you love a culture-filled, fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts.
The Browns Marketing team is a small but a growing group of rock stars dedicated to telling our story, growing our brand, expanding into markets you never thought possible and doing things just a bit left of the centre in the restaurant industry. Through roll-up-your-sleeves execution excellence, and acquiring new experiences, the Marketing team strives to approach our work through innovation, uniqueness and in very surprising ways. Consider us the round pegs in the square holes.
If this is you, then read on and submit your resume. We’d love to hear from you.
The Day-to-Day Stuff
- You are a digital juggernaut and must know the basics of website management (with a side of expert).
- Manage website updates and make recommendations for upgrades to our platform and user experience.
- Your goal is to drive brand awareness through digital channels, while
strengthening our brand and telling our story through multiple digital platforms.
- You are well versed in a variety of web marketing channels (SEO and SEM, local search, display and emerging media etc.) and can increase traffic through an effective search engine optimization strategy.
- CRM knowledge and know how is an asset (its important enough for us to see into the future health of our database + how we nurture those subscribers/leads).
- Build, manage and optimize effective marketing campaigns for a diverse range of initiatives (I.e. revenue generation, user sign-ups, and email campaigns) across various search and social media networks, including Google 360, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram etc.
- Create, manage and optimize localized marketing campaigns based on strategic initiatives and deliver on specific goals.
- An expert knowledge of Google Analytics inside out. Analytics, data and numbers are your best friend.
- Generate and update online marketing reports (via tools and on an ad hoc basis) and regularly share performance metrics to the Marketing team.
- Become the voice of our organization online, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate and engage in conversation with our target market.
- Know what a great user-friendly, user experience website should look like, how it should perform and be able to suggest ways on how to constantly push the envelope and improve.
Job Requirements + Qualifications
- 2-5 years of online marketing, website development and management, digital marketing and account management experience with a basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML, CSS, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of global and local ad platforms (Google, Facebook etc.) in addition to social media platforms.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of web-based platforms (Word Press, Joombla, Square Space, Django etc.) in order to make any web changes, quickly.
- Must be proficient and have a solid understanding of mobile and tablet platforms and applications.
- Very proficient in Word, Google apps, and data analysis using Excel.
- Ability to share knowledge and work with a team but also is a self-starter and is excited to hit individual goals.
- You should be adept at figuring out creative ways to use technology to make good things happen.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure all aspects of programs are on brand, user obsessed and are employing best practices in digital marketing.
- Curious about testing new uses of technology and using metrics to drive your work.
- You’re totally at home in the digital space, including social strategies, technologies, platforms, services, and metrics. You have a solid experience level with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and beyond.
- Franchise and/or multi-unit background is an asset.
The Icing on the Cake
- You’re efficient and thrive in a fast-paced environment in addition to being uber creative, detail-oriented, organized and results-driven.
- Open and excited about personal & professional development and growth.
- You’re a team player, you love to collaborate and socialize (a love for two-handed burgers and fresh squeezed margaritas with stellar communication skills are a bonus).
- Enthusiasm and passion for the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Loving food is an asset (a passion for Guinness is a bonus).
- You are naturally curious and love a challenge.
- You think outside of the box and aren’t afraid to try anything once.
Compensation to reflect responsibility and experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organization. You will lay out the architecture for building a national brand in ways that are appropriate in today’s fast moving environment. Visionary, tireless, passionate, motivated, positive, enthusiastic and innovative individuals only.