BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located in downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC, as well as one of Canada’s Top Digital Media Companies by the Digi Awards. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and Business in Vancouver awarded her the prestigious Forty Under 40 award.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.
BBTV maintains a culture of creativity, drive, collaboration and care and seeks to create dream jobs for every team member.
You’re not a typical designer. You’re capable of delivering brilliant solutions through design while executing efficiently. You strive to excite and deliver for the end user. You live, eat and breathe creativity, and execute strategically. Mediocre work frustrates you, and you’re constantly looking to improve your own talents. Complacency is your enemy, you have a constant urge to create or share ideas. You understand that simplicity isn’t simple, and that great design is achieved after extensive exploration. Your own ambitions push you to learn more about corresponding disciplines like brand strategy, product development and marketing communications.
Qualities we’re looking for
You are head-over-heels passionate about all things design and you want to make an impact with your work. If you could retire comfortably today, you would still be designing and creating.
You not only pay meticulous attention to detail, you also envision the big picture. You understand how your work adds value now and looking forward.
For you, creativity isn’t just making pretty things, it’s also a method of problem solving.
You’re comfortable in presenting your ideas to co-workers and the leadership team in a business setting during crucial stages of the design process.
You understand that your work and ideas only get enhanced through input and feedback from your team.
You aren’t a drone or a pessimist. A unique personality with a positive outlook is very important to us.
- An amazing portfolio (this matters more than any other credential)
- 3 to 5 years of designing for online media and brands
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- A confident understanding of fundamental marketing and branding principles
- Post-secondary education in design or related experience
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Very comfortable using online media and social sites (like YouTube and Facebook)
- Ability to creatively execute within branding guidelines
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and beat tight deadlines
- You are a wizard with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You have the ability to create compelling graphics, icons and layouts for the web
- You have the ability to create cool presentations in PowerPoint
- Your methods include pencil + paper, wireframes and mock-ups before final production
- You can effectively contribute to group creative projects and marketing campaigns
- You constantly strive to hone your craft and improve your skills as a designer
- Designing the look and feel of our websites and web properties
- Designing for the interface of our products
- Designing visual artifacts and interfaces based on UX and Brand direction
- Contributing to the strategic design of the brand identity for our various brands
- Updating the designs on our branded YouTube channels
- Updating the designs on our branded social media platforms
- Designing for various promotional and advertising initiatives
- Designing for various business artifacts such as presentations
- Collaborating with members of the marketing and creative teams on various campaigns
- Contributing creatively and strategically to projects with other members of the creative and marketing team, as well as collaborating across different departments.
- Contributing to brainstorming meetings and sharing ideas often