The SAXX Digital Designer is responsible for the concept and design for all SAXX digital marketing collateral for the website, and digital marketing efforts including emails, social media and digital banners. This is a key role within an evolving dynamic, collaborative digital team, and is primarily responsible for creating and executing design concepts, as well as maintaining a consistent visual brand experience and overall brand continuity.
Core Job Functions:
- Design of all landing pages in line with total brand experience, with careful consideration of responsive and mobile design.
- Act as concept leader in story pages of the website to ensure business objectives are met, while maintaining website and brand experience.
- Collaborate closely with development team to ensure functionality is considered in the design process.
- Collaborate with ecom team on ways to create a better, more engaging, interactive user and customer experience.
- Research the latest digital trends and best practices.
- Design using best in class user experience practices.
- Design and create effective email campaigns, collaborating with copywriter to ensure synergy in scope of messaging and best practices, to maximum objectives and ROI.
- Design all digital banner advertising to include social media and traditional banner ads.
- Collaborate closely with team to ensure synergy in all on and offline marketing efforts.
- Research the latest digital media options and incorporate into strategy sessions.
- Create designs upon request for other internal digital portals, and some print if needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, and browser capabilities.
- Highly skilled in mobile and responsive design.
- Ability to turn wireframes into high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Overall knowledge of website structure, functionality, and limitations.
- Familiarity of using website analytics to help inform design decisions.
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator
- Ability to work both independently and with a close collaborative team.
- Able to articulate concepts to a diverse audience including senior management and the technical team.
- Pixel perfect and attentive to detail.
- General knowledge on basic SEO best practices is a plus
- Experience executing UX design as part of a collaborative team
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of digital design experience in ecommerce, preferably with a fast growing retailer in the outdoor or fashion industry.
- Udergraduate or Graduate degree in Digital Graphic Design preferred.
- Proven track record in successful ecommerce website brand creative, concept, design, hand off, and go live process.