We’re looking for a candidate whose passion for progressive causes is matched by their expertise in (and enthusiasm for) digital campaigning. We seek someone who is passionate about building engagement and driving people to take action both online and in the real world, to make the world better.
We’re looking for the kind of person who understands how the lines between online and offline communication have blurred. How a crowd of engaged supporters can be at least as valuable as any ad buy. How data-driven campaigning is changing the way we reach and persuade people to support progressive causes.
We’re looking to make digital campaigning an even bigger, more integrated part of what we do to expand NOW’s digital offerings into the future, developing strategies and product lines that help our clients move deeper into data-driven campaigning. You’re a team player, and enjoy collaborating with larger project teams, and then rolling up your sleeves to take the reins and make it happen
You get the importance of the relationships that have kept NOW in business for more than 25 years and you have ideas for how to nurture and maintain them. You’ll also be able to show a genuine warmth and commitment to our clients and suppliers.
You can pull together a powerful digital campaign that mobilizes people, is integrated with other tactics, amplifies the message, builds databases and converts clicks into tangible results for good causes, because it’s something you’ve done before.
You can write persuasive copy that moves people to action, whether it’s to click a link, call a number or cast a ballot.
You believe in measurable outcomes: both as a way of accurately gauging a campaign’s impact, and because that impact can make a real change in people’s lives.
You have a sense of humour about yourself and others. There’s a lot of laughter at NOW – and we like it that way.
As a core part of NOW’s team, you’ll bring your digital expertise to campaigns — from development to execution and analysis for both stand-alone and integrated with larger projects.
In collaboration with your NOW colleagues and our suppliers, you’ll be responsible for:
- planning and executing engagement strategies integrating social channels, email, paid social promotion, web properties, mobile channels, online display advertising and other digital channels.
- coordinating website projects and guiding clients and suppliers through all aspects of the project, from start to finish.
- working with our digital services suppliers to spec, plan and produce online organizing and communications products.
- helping our clients to choose the right technology solutions for their needs.
- identifying content requirements and providing appropriate content to support those campaigns
- measuring and reporting on campaign impact.
- deriving insights from each campaign, and applying it to build a body of knowledge to improve engagement and persuasion.
- recommending digital products that help clients move step by step into more data-driven campaigning.
- sharing your knowledge and insights with clients in training sessions and workshops.
- executing planning and executing The NOW Group’s corporate digital engagement efforts.
- Thorough understanding of political communications and social marketing
- Thorough familiarity with web platforms including NationBuilder, Drupal and WordPress
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital analytics
- Knowledge of a range of online social platforms including paid advertising, and digital engagement tools
- Minimum five years of communication experience
- Minimum three years of experience working closely with or as part of a web development team
- Minimum three years of digital campaigning experience
- Superb skills in written and oral communication
- Experience with public speaking and/or workshops and training
- Very high level of initiative and self-directed work combined with a collaborative approach
- Proven ability to work well under the pressures of tight deadlines and shifting tactical landscapes