**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Digital Content Specialist
Start Date: April 1, 2017
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for planning, creating, delivering, and evaluating multi-channel digital content in support of the College’s strategic goals and objectives. This position publishes content that is timely, engaging, and informative for Langara’s online community across multiple platforms. This position develops and executes creative digital and content marketing campaigns both independently and in collaboration with Communications and Marketing Services (C&M) and other departments (e.g., International Education, Advancement Office, Langara Alumni, etc.). The incumbent reviews website and social media metrics on a regular basis and identifies new opportunities for campus and community engagement. This position works with both internal and external audiences to achieve communications goals according to work performance standards set by the College
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma program in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, graphic design, or digital media production; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Additional specialised training in video production or similar training, required.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent related experience in digital media, including strong writing/editing, social media, photography, and video production skills within a computerized Apple Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Experience in higher education, advancement, or international marketing an asset.
- Knowledge ofwebcontentbestpractices, includingsomeknowledgeofindustrystandardsforwebinformationarchitectureandresponsivedesign, andfamiliaritywithwebusability, accessibility, andsearchengineoptimizationtechniques, includingcreatingSEO-friendlycontent.
- Experience taking photos and producing short videos for immediate use on social media to help tell timely stories as they occur.
- Considerable experience managing a large organization’s digital presence, including experience with content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experienced strong writer, editor, and proof reader with an ability to identify and write engaging content.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), video editing software (Final Cut Pro, iMovie, etc.), and photo and video editing apps.
- Demonstrated social media management fluency (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Google Plus, Flickr, Google Ad Words, etc.) Knowledge of international social media platforms an asset.
- Experience with online measurement and assessment platforms and tools, such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights.
- Experience with website content management systems (Cascade, WordPress, or other systems).
- Experience with e-mail marketing platforms (Campaigner or other systems), an asset.
Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to:
o communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
o maintain effective relationships with others using interpersonal skills;
o organize and prioritize workload, operate related equipment;
o work in complex and/or sensitive situations;
o initiate and control assigned projects;
o work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision, work as a team member;
o and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively about communicating key messages and tell compelling stories using digital platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and report on digital campaigns.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular hours during major events.
Salary Range: $50,643 - $58,029 Annual (Pay Grade 25) Paid bi-weekly
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am - 5:15 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: March 24, 2017
Competition No.: C037-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce