Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments, professional audio equipment, multimedia products and music accessories. The Roland brand family includes Roland, BOSS and Rodgers. Roland’s impressive line of products includes, but is far from limited to, guitar effects pedals, electronic percussion, acclaimed digital pianos, synthesisers, digital mixers and music production hardware.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Digital Content Specialist will support Roland Canada’s inbound and outbound marketing activities with a primary focus on content creation and managing Roland Canada’s online social properties. The Digital Content Specialist must be a creative and organized individual possessing a multi-faceted skill-set with a specialization in social and digital media. Musical background and additional experience in graphic design, administration and other facets of online marketing required.
- Content creation; blog posts, social media posts, Instagram videos, infographics etc
- Manage Roland Canada's social media sites, campaigns and day-to-day activities while interacting with each social network on a regular basis to keep communities engaged.
- Coordinate daily messaging of social media platforms as reflected in Roland Canada’s brand campaigns and content calendars.
- Monitor and measure the impact of Roland Canada's social media programs and analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of these campaigns in order to maximize results.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing Roland Canada's social media presence and overall effectiveness.
- Draft and publish Roland Canada's e-newsletters and report on effectiveness.
- Consider and support the integration of digital and grass roots marketing activities
- Contribute to the maintenance of Roland Canada's CRM and CMS systems.
- Contribute to the maintenance of Roland Canada's various websites by organizing content and managing ongoing updates.
- Manage and maintain graphics files including logos, photos and art.
- Coordinate the activities of external marketing suppliers such as print houses, designers, web programmers and consultants.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years marketing experience preferably with a digital focus.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Marketing or related field.
- Musical background
- Ability to speak and write French preferred
- Active user and participant on multiple social media platforms.
- Understanding of popular social networks, emerging technologies and digital communication.
- Ability to function well in a creative, open, team environment.
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp.
- Excellent written communication skills and a very high attention to detail.
- Experience with online content publishing and web authoring software such as Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM.
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Experience with CRM and content management systems, preferably Microsoft.
- Experience liaising with marketing agencies and outside service partners.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Experience with design programs such as Photoshop would be preferred