Under the direction of the Manager, Public Affairs, the Digital Content and Social Media Specialist (DCSMS) is responsible for preparing a variety of digital and/or electronic communications and marketing materials for internal and external audiences related to the educational programs, services, activities, brand identity, communications and events at Okanagan College.
The DCSMS will work with the Manager to ensure brand alignment across all digital platforms, including social media channels. The specialist will manage and monitor Okanagan College’s social media feeds, providing relevant content that reinforces the institution’s brand and key messages and will manage the day-to-day online presence for Okanagan College, including website content.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree – concentration or major in communications, English, or marketing is required. Over 2 years and up to and including 4 years related experience working in electronic communications and/or a social media position.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of brand identity and have solid news judgment
- Flexible and able to manage a high work volume and competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Excellent project management, planning, marketing, promotional and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver key messages to general and targeted audiences
- Advanced writing and editing skills with the ability to draft marketing and communications copy
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on PC and Mac platforms
- Experience with HTML/CSS, Content Management System, Bootstrap, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite applications, Hootsuite (or equivalent social media management dashboard tool)
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public; maintain interpersonal relationships and exercise courtesy, tact and discretion
- Build strong relationships with internal and external audiences and clients as well as local and regional media
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style, data collection and reporting, editing and proficiency using a digital camera and editing photos
Competition Number: C000170
Posting Closing Date: 07/17/2016