Who We Are
SmartSAVER is a program created by the Omega Foundation. Working in partnership with some of Canada's largest RESP providers, community organizations and foundations, we are working towards a single-minded mission; to make it easy for lower-income Canadian families to start education savings accounts for their children using the Canada Learning Bond.
Based on a successful 3 year pilot in Toronto, SmartSAVER is gearing up to launch nationally this fall. Ready to join our small core team of high performers who are passionate about shaping the education outcomes of Canadian children? Read on!
What You Will Do
As the Digital Community Manager, you will report to the Marketing Director and help shape, implement and execute our digital and community engagement strategy. By cultivating a strong and consistent voice around the brand, you will manage engagement and interactivity with our target audience and foster community spirit.
As part of the marketing team, you will ensure our online presence consistently supports our mission through creative solutions.
Who You Are
You’re a smart, driven, team player, ready to go the extra mile and have a solution-focused, “can-do” attitude. You’re a great communicator with a knack for online and offline networking using fantastic interpersonal skills. You are creative, diplomatic, and cool under pressure.
Through a couple of years of hands-on marketing or communications experience and personal passion, you have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the digital and social media landscape including social media platforms, blogs, e-newsletters, digital media and how they can be applied.
You’re an excellent writer, skilled in developing content for a variety of platforms. You enjoy experimenting and picking up new digital tools.
You are flexible and willing to pitch-in on a variety of projects and tasks. Most importantly, you’re passionate about our mission, and motivated to contribute to its success!
As a key player on our small team, the Digital Community Manager will be our digital champion. Through ongoing collaboration with our team and partners, you will bring new ideas to the table and manage our online presence. Key responsibilities and projects will include:
- Developing and implementing the online community strategy, coordinating across the team to ensure its relevance and effectiveness
- Providing superior customer service, support and outreach to our community through creative use of diverse communication tools and social listening
- Working collaboratively to ensure community platforms (e.g. forums, blogs, moderation tools) are kept up to date, functional, and relevant
- Generating compelling editorial content and managing a schedule of posts, updates etc. for the community we engage
- Managing social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outposts
- Moderating and responding to all user generated content (reasonable flexibility to work beyond 9 – 5 is required)
- Acting as an advocate of the company in the brand’s community and as the advocate of the community within the company
- Ensuring continuous active engagement of community through production and distribution of community newsletters
- Identifying and building an active community leader network through strategic partnerships, in particular with your counterparts working in other languages to effectively reach our target
- Monitoring effective benchmarks to measure the growth of the community, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of all tactics
- Monitoring trends in online community tools, trends and applications
- Pitching-in and assisting our team on various projects and tasks which could include training partners, attending events, helping to develop new marketing materials
Experiences & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree, marketing, communications focus an asset
- 2 – 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities
- Editorial, Design, HTML experience are assets
- Strong knowledge of Google analytics and other measurement tools to evaluate and optimize tactics