Purpose: Working with the Operation Ukrainian Safe Haven national secretariat, the Digital Communications Specialist oversees all communications related to the national secretariat which includes developing a communications strategy, managing the website and social media, communications resources and graphic development, as well as public and media relations. If you are interested in newcomer immigration issues and their settlement in Canada, this position is for you.
Rate: $32 / hour
Hours & location: 35 hours weekly in a hybrid (in-person and remote) work environment. CISSA-ACSEI’s location: 4445 Norfolk Street, Burnaby, B.C. V5G 0A7
Classification: Full-Time Contract; August 2022 - March 31, 2023
The Canadian Immigrant Settlement Sector Alliance – Alliance canadienne du secteur de l’établissement des immigrants (CISSA-ACSEI) is the immigrant settlement sector’s pan-Canadian voice.
Mission: CISSA-ACSEI is a national corporation whose purpose is to harness the expertise of the immigrant settlement sector and to act as the sector’s national voice to help build a Canadian society in which all immigrants and refugees are able to participate fully.
OPERATION UKRAINIAN SAFE HAVEN
The Operation Ukrainian Safe Haven project is a national and coordinated communications initiative to bridge and link communications and resources with key stakeholders involved with supporting Ukrainians coming to Canada. A national sector secretariat was established to focus on national communication objectives, including referrals for housing offers, donations, volunteers, jobs, and other resources and communications from provinces and territories.
- Ensure communications adhere to CISSA-ACSEI branding guidelines and IRCC/Government of Canada guidelines including the Official Languages Act
- Maintain and implement communications and social media strategy and plan
- Create social media posts, grow social media channels and report on monthly metrics
- Maintain an editorial calendar for communications
- Create visual graphics as required
- Organize, maintain and update multilingual website content including content writing and coordinating translation
- Develop communications resources such as social media toolkits, information to support secretariat members and key stakeholders as required
- Prepare communiques, media releases, media advisories, pitches, op-eds and briefings
- Receive media inquiries and distribute to appropriate spokesperson
- Brief spokespeople on speaking points and media opportunities
- Monitor and report the success of communications and media by tracking, analyzing, and reporting on key metrics
- Liaise with graphic designer to develop infographics, publications, shareable images and other graphics as required
- Other duties as required
- 2-5 years’ experience in communications and public relations in the not-for-profit, human services, academic or public sector
- Adaptive and responsive in a dynamic work environment and with shifting priorities and short deadlines
- Proven experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent time and resource management techniques
- Excellent social media and building impact with social media content
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in French is an asset
- Experience creating shareable and web graphics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative and communicative team member
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Proficient with a variety of software and applications: Office 365 including: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint; Constant Contact/Mailchimp and database management tools; Google Documents and Spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of cloud-based electronic filing through Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive
- Knowledge of current technological online meeting platforms: Zoom, MS Teams
- Experience maintaining websites through WordPress
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva is an asset
- Post-secondary undergraduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline is an asset
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!