We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Does the word “digital” give you feelings of excitement and joy?
Are you constantly scrutinizing website experiences and think, “Hey, I could make this better?”
Are you a natural communication and a people person who enjoys working with others while bringing projects to life?
We want to hear from you! Our 2,400 employees come to work every day to meet the energy needs of our customers safely, reliably and affordably. Join the FortisBC family and be part of our Communications team.
As our Digital Communications Advisor, you will put your passion for digital communications to work. Not only are you digital-savvy in all social media platforms and digital applications, but your ability to multi-task and juggle projects simultaneously also makes you that “go-to” person. Just as important, your on-going dedication to providing the best digital content and user experience plays into everything you do.
In this role, you will:
- Develop strategies for campaigns for social media and/or on digital channels
- Assist with other digital strategies for campaigns/plans such as content strategy, email marketing, and search optimization.
- Monitor, write, respond to customers/online public inquiries and provides reporting on social media interactions
- Work with a wide range of internal partners, including designers, writers, coordinators, events specialists, corporate communications advisors and teams in Customer Service, Major Projects and External Relations, C&EM, Energy Solutions, Public Safety, etc. Shall we go on?
What success looks like:
- Getting an advanced understanding of the various social media channels, audiences within each channel, and providing direction as to what type of content performs best on which channel
- Ability to provide good judgement and great customer service when responding to customers online while building relationships with the key internal subject matter experts to help respond with those inquiries
- Building an effective working relationship within the Communications department
- Developing some social media strategies from concept to execution
- Enhancing your knowledge of other digital areas, such as search, SEO, content strategy, analytics and the user experience of our FortisBC.com website
What it takes:
- Bachelors' Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline plus 4-7 years related experience, with a focus in social media or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience working in digital marketing/communications
- Ability to manage corporate social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube), including monitoring, writing, responding to customer/key stakeholders inquiries, promotional campaign development and develop reporting platforms
- An incredibly creative but yet strategic thinker
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and manage deadlines under pressure, ambiguity and change
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization best practices to help drive content performance
- Works well with others by creating strong partnerships through collaboration, honest debate and trust
What you need to know:
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.