- Together with the manager, digital communications, plays a major role in the development of integrated digital strategies/plans, incorporating websites, social media, social contests, email marketing and online advertising.
- Develops content strategy with the input of subject matter experts and others and works with Web Services to implement new or revised web content.
- Represents FortisBC through social media channels and works with subject matter experts to develop appropriate content and responses to inquiries received through social media.
- Works with third party application providers and internal stakeholders to help ensure that FortisBC content hosted on external servers meets FortisBC graphic and usability standards and delivers a consistent customer/user experience.
- Contributes to the development of social contests and administers the contest using online tools.
- Researches and recommends online tools and applications for potential use to help meet business and communications objectives, improve digital communications productivity or contribute to the customer/user experience.
- Liaises with and provides consultative guidance and assistance to others, both in and outside of the Communications department, to improve the integration of digital communications channels with all communications; essentially acting as a digital communications coach.
- Recommends appropriate third party or expert research.
- Recommends and documents approved website strategy, concept ideas, page layouts, interactivity and other features.
- Provides recommendations on email communications initiatives and contributes to their implementation along with Web Services.
- Monitors web and social media analytics; prepares summary performance reports and recommendations with the manager, digital communications; liaises with other departments and Web Services to implement approved recommendations.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments in digital communications, including, usability and customer experience, social media, analytics, technologies, competitor activities, best practices, etc.
- University degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 8+ years experience working in marketing and/or advertising, some of which is in a digital specialist or managerial capacity
- 4+ years experience responsible for corporate website development, including content strategy, usability, user experience, information architecture/navigation, interface design, usability, web analytics reporting and analysis.
- Experiencing managing a corporate social media presence across multiple channels, including Twitter
- Knowledge and ability to use web analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics, including the creation of dashboards and regular reporting of results. Similar knowledge of social media analytics tools is a plus.
- Experience planning and executing email marketing and online advertising campaigns.
- Familiarity with A/B testing for continuous improvement of online advertising, landing pages and email marketing.
- Excellent project management skills to plan and execute multi-dimensional projects on time and on budget.
- Extensive experience in writing for the Internet.
- Well developed oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page