Digital Advertising & Search Marketing Manager full-time
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Attractions Marketing and Promotions, and working as a part of the Acquisition Marketing team, the Digital Advertising and Search Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving quality traffic to PlayOLG.ca to acquire new customers by leading the development and execution of various digital acquisition marketing campaigns, using various online channels (online advertising, search engine marketing, search engine optimization).
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Develop annual and quarterly digital acquisition marketing plans to drive traffic to playOLG.ca to acquire new customers.
Develop strategic marketing plans based on the latest digital marketing trends and iGaming trends
Research competitors’ marketing activities and provide recommendations on strategies to implement.
Online Display Advertising:
- Provide strategic leadership to agency partners and internal creative team on digital campaign development
- Oversee the development of Online Display ad campaigns using various forms of performance based digital media targeting and buying formats with external agency partners to drive campaign results in line with forecast and budget.
- Provide strategic leadership to internal creative team on landing page development
Ensure creative is accurately tagged and tracked for campaign analytics liaising with external agency partners (creative and media) as well as internal creative team (copywriter, digital graphic designer, web developer), and Web Analyst
Analyze campaign results and drive the campaign optimization process on a very frequent basis (e.g.: every 3-4 days) with a focus on achieving KPIs using Omniture, DART, and GMS
Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM):
- Lead SEO planning and implementation process with internal and external stakeholders/SEO consultants
Manage PPC campaigns internally to drive campaign results in line with forecast and budget.
- Work closely with Web Analyst to analyze PPC campaign results on a daily basis and optimize campaign based on performance, leveraging insights from internal competitive monitoring tool and other Search tools
- Work with Retention Marketing team to promote various promotions that will encourage site visitors to convert (e.g.: encourage registration once they land on playOLG.ca)
OLG Stakeholder Partnerships:
- Leverage other OLG assets for the purpose of driving traffic to playOLG.ca to acquire new customers by working with other OLG stakeholders (Gaming marketing, Lottery marketing, Marketing Communications and Stakeholder Relations (MCSR) teams)
- Develop email marketing campaigns leveraging existing OLG stakeholder databases to drive traffic.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in digital/online media in either a client side digital marketing role, or as an Account Manager/Supervisor in a digital agency, preferably with e-commerce experience
- Deep understanding of campaign optimization process
- Deep understanding on online display advertising creative development and media planning/buying, with a focus on cookie based advertising (Online Behavioural Advertising and Real Time Bidding)
- Deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization process
- Extensive experience buying and managing PPC campaigns
- Deep understanding of web analytics – experience with Google Analytics and Omniture an asset
- Strong agency management experience (creative and media agencies)
- Strong understanding of email marketing and online promotions
- Some experience with offline advertising (creative development and media planning)
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, collaborative, enthusiastic, able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with a cross functional team (marketing, customer experience, analytics, responsible gambling (RG))
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is a part of a large government agency
- Understands how to navigate within a complex large organization
- Adaptable to changing and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- iGaming or technology/e-commerce industry experience an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office products and LotusNotes
Please apply on-line, no later than 5:00 PM on May 20, 2015 quoting File #HR15-201