Edelman Digital Toronto is looking for an Account Director to lead digital strategy with health clients, and be a part of our award winning digital practice in Canada. The types of accounts include consumer health, association/not-for-profits, industry organizations and pharmaceuticals. This person will work in a multi-office integrated team across multiple offices. We are looking for an experienced driver who likes to win with campaign know-how and deep social media and digital marketing expertise in the healthcare space both from a strategy and execution standpoint.
You are interested in the best of social media – yesterday, today and especially tomorrow. In this position you will lead a team crafting and executing creative, effective online strategy that helps build strong brand and corporate reputation across digital and social platforms.
We need a strong digital marketer who displays inspired team leadership and project management qualities, while bringing a track record of developing, executing and leading successful fully integrated consumer communications strategies which measurably drive client business objectives.
The Account Director will ideally have at least 6-8 years of relevant health-focused digital experience and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Agency-side experience in digital marketing is essential. Experience within a PR agency is preferred.
- A thorough understanding and extensive experience in all facets of digital and social media marketing/communications for health related clients, notably:
- Digital/social strategy development
- Paid Media, paid creative
- Community Management
- Content strategy development and oversight
- Leadership of digital production projects
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful social media strategies and programs as an agency practitioner is critical.
- An ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients.
- A proven capacity for winning new business with consumer clients.
- An ability to go toe-to-toe with the best in the business in driving client-facing recommendations at a strategy and program level.
- An integration-focused mindset and comfort partnering with cross-functional teams both within and outside Edelman.
- Excellent inter-personal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience managing large budgets, teams and projects.
- A strong awareness of own strengths and weaknesses, and how to leverage/offset these within a team environment.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel and recommendations in a high-pressure environment.
- Confidence to support personal convictions, opinions and recommendations with substantive arguments.
- A “team first” attitude and strong leadership qualities.
- Oversee coordination of timing, resourcing of digital accounts; ensure integration with other account teams to drive efficient, effective coordination.
- Work in partnership with the team to develop strategic programming and oversee successful execution of projects.
- Directly supervise account staff, including performance appraisals, hiring, coaching and feedback and providing career development opportunities.
- Set the tone for staff in terms of providing exceptional client service, developing strong client relationships and exceeding client needs and expectations.
- Effectively build client relationships and recommend/forecast new programs.
- Lead and participate in new business development processes.
- Understand clients’ strategies, marketing and business goals.
- Understand key client industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and potential competition and general issues facing the industry.
- Thoroughly understand recent and projected financial performance.
- Manage and coordinate team budget and finances, including billing and reconciliations.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team in the Toronto Digital practice.
- Incorporate creative ways to secure business through identifying and applying unique intellectual property and differential expertise to both ongoing work and stand-alone proposals.
- Play a lead role in driving a continued culture and climate of excellence and high-achievement throughout the team.
- Set challenging growth goals for self and others, while executing plans to achieve these goals.
- Exercise strong work ethic in daily activities and advanced strategic thinking abilities.
- Initiate timely, proactive actions to gain improvements and create or enable growth in business results.
- Define a clear vision for self and the team, ensure that the message is understood by team.
- Use effective presentation skills to drive positive outcomes.
- Identify new growth opportunities based on insights into clients, industries and the economy.
- Energize others to create momentum and ensure messages are cascaded and sustained through.
Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct