As an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Designer will establish and execute the look and feel of all visual marketing materials, websites, social media, e-communications, event materials, and fundraising communications. As a steward of the Arts Umbrella brand, the designer will ensure there is consistency in all collateral produced and that the brand vision is adhered to at the highest standards.
- Create visual concepts to help communicate ideas that will inspire and inform our customers and potential customers. The Designer is responsible for the development of materials from concept to production.
- Act as lead contact with all external production vendors, such as printers, illustrators, installation companies, etc.
- Work as part of the Marketing and Communications team with external photographers and videographers, and actively participate in the ideation process.
- Present rough drafts to Marketing Manager and or key stakeholders to gain approval. Incorporate changes recommended into the final design.
- Work collaboratively with web developers and lead projects from a branded content perspective.
- Brainstorm with Marketing and Communications team to develop new and innovative ideas for the Arts Umbrella brand.
- Stay up to date with design trends and industry developments.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Act as key point of contact in the development and execution of building-related design materials, including wayfinding, signage, and installations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Design, Communication Design, Marketing, or related discipline
- 3+ years in a professional design role, preferably with marketing or creative agency experience
- A master of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Ability to absorb, respond to, and apply constructive feedback from peers and internal clients to their work
- Strategic and innovative thinker who is able to help contribute to department goals and objectives
- Adaptable and flexible worker with an proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and present solutions in a positive manner
- Comfort shooting and editing photography and video an asset
- Understanding of installation processes for exhibitions
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and maintain positive relationships