Fulcrum Media Inc. is a dynamic media company based in Greater Toronto Area. We are searching for an energetic, wildly creative and articulate person to join our team as a DESIGN MANAGER.
As a Design Manager you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects/initiatives and provide input into the creative process. If you are passionate about design and have a keen eye for detail, then we’d like to meet you. The Design Manager reports to the General Manager/Partner.
Specifics on the requirements of the role are below.
- Directs and manages the event design team and external resources/contacts;
- Leads design projects from concept to completion;
- Collaborates with designers/web designers/other departments and to develop creative layout solutions for various events, promotional pieces and trade publications where required;
- Responsible for art direction and presentation of final layouts;
- Design and execution of project plans to ensure time line and budgets are met;
- Identify internal/external resources requirements and provide costing and time estimates;
- Keep up to date with new technologies and social networks and be able to apply them appropriately;
- Liaises with internal and external contacts;
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external contacts as a representative of Fulcrum;
- Works closely with the General Manager on variety of design initiatives;
- Other projects as directed.
- Diploma/degree in New Media/Graphic Arts/related and minimum 5 year experience ;
- Solid knowledge of all graphic fundamentals, layout, brand development and creative process;
- Ability to develop end execute creative concepts, and effectively communicate them;
- Understanding of business aspects of print media industry;
- Superior project and time management skills, MS Project is an asset;
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop event design team;
- Print and web design experience; ability to work in both medias for integrated campaigns;
- Skilled with software programs – Microsoft Office, Mac OS X, and Adobe Creative Suites 4 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge);
- AfterEffects, Premiere/Avid/Final Cut experience (editing software) is considered an asset;
- Filming/Photography experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge of web technologies – cms, wordpress, php, css, html;
- Comfort using Google Analytics and other statistics reporting tools/programs;
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and ability to think “outside the box”;
- Detail orientated – committed to 100% accuracy;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-starter with and demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Customer focused with high standard of professionalism;
- French is considered and asset;