- Executes the Gallery’s visual identity, graphic standards and brand guidelines, ensuring the proper use and updating of the visual identity program.
- Prepares and produces exhibition, program and special event support materials and other design deliverables including print, digital and multimedia.
- Supports the museum’s marketing and advertising strategies including the ad placement calendar and bookings.
- Creates and develops design and layout of marketing and communication materials and support pieces.
- Actively supports the Art and Design Store team by contributing to the design, layout and production of merchandise and sales materials including posters, flyers and advertising.
- Assists with design elements throughout the museum and surrounding area including temporary and permanent signage.
- Prepares materials for production including ensuring quality marketing and communication pieces.
- Acts as a liaison with production houses and other third parties.
- Provides design assistance to museum departments including Development and Curatorial.
- Collaborates with museum staff to determine effective mediums to distribute content.
- Actively participates in collaborative planning with colleagues throughout Remai Modern.
- Provides photography support, when required.
- Provides support to the Content Coordinator, as required.
- Engages in ongoing research of best practices in production.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- University degree in graphic design, applied communication or fine arts.
- Four years progressively responsible design experience. Design agency experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in graphic design, applied communications or fine arts.
- Thorough knowledge of and interest in the arts and tourism sectors.
- Knowledge of public sector and non-profit organizational operations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with staff, trustees, volunteers, artists, donors, sponsors, stakeholders, partners and the public.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality related to museum collections and operations.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to balance several projects simultaneously and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer with Microsoft Office software and design, photography, layout and multimedia software.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:00 pm
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page