Demand Marketing Specialist full-time
Join the Vision Critical team
A colossal revolution is happening in the way organizations engage with their customers which is pushing market research to become more captivating and Vision Critical is leading the charge. Our team, headed by industry icon Angus Reid, leads the world in interactive research and provides technology and expertise to help companies recruit, engage and learn more about their own customers. Our software allows our Fortune 500 clients to do internet based market research using interactive surveys, photos, videos, audio and 3D simulations. We work with one third of the world’s top 100 brands; our professionals are spread across the globe in Canada, US, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong; and our VC Community Panels product is the most widely adopted community panel platform on the planet.
We take good care of our people and we get recognized for it. Recently Vision Critical was named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for young people, as well as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. We’re growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can’t abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Join our team!
About the role
We are looking for a technically minded Demand Marketing Specialist to join our team. You will be primarily involved in the development and execution of email marketing programs to support lead generation efforts and the growth of the conversion funnel. In this role you will also have the opportunity to contribute to other demand generation activities and as such you will need to have a solid understanding of current online marketing trends (ie. Marketing automation, SEO, campaign execution and digital marketing strategy).
You are well versed in the B2B buying cycle and understand the importance of relevant communication in all buying stages. However, you are motivated most by activity at the front of the funnel – specifically email campaigns and other online programs that present prospective buyers the information they seek when searching online for a solution to their business problem. You get a thrill when these campaigns engage, delight and ultimately deliver results.
- Work with the Director of Demand Marketing and internal key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain the strategy and plans for email marketing.
- Write copy that captures attention and generates interest in our products
- Work with the design team to create powerful email marketing collateral
- Track and analyze email marketing campaigns to optimize performance and provide reporting of all programs to management
- Develop nurture campaigns that help engage and grow the prospect database
- Develop marketing ideas that stand out from the competition and generate results
- Contribute to the development and optimization of marketing automation (Marketo)
- Contribute to ongoing SEO analysis and optimization for visioncritical.com
- Apply sound project management skills to oversee marketing projects and deliver actionable results on time
- 3+ years marketing experience in a corporate B2B environment, preferably high tech environment
- 3+ years hands-on experience in email marketing.
- Strong fundamentals in email marketing
- Knowledge of salesforce.com or other CRM systems and marketing automation systems are essential.
- University Degree or College diploma in business or communications
- Strong background in analytics
- Strong copy writing, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills to manage multiple and competing tasks and priorities within tight deadlines
- Open-mindedness about non-traditional approaches to marketing. You’re confident without being set in your ways. You’re well-informed and passionate about emerging trends in marketing and online business and culture
- Driven to succeed, self-starter, with a successful record of implementation
- Expressive and fearless, can effectively convince and make your point without being abrasive
- Egoless, you focus on and do a great job of any given task without complaint
- Innovative, you think of interesting and alternative ways to get at a target market