We’re LookBookHQ – nice to meet you.
A LookBook is an innovative visual marketing tool that enables people to curate and assemble all types of media to tell a coherent and engaging story. B2B marketers and sales people use LookBooks to position content for lead generation and inbound marketing initiatives, to communicate large volumes of information privately or as a way to pull together facts and figures to support a decision.
We’re looking for someone exceptional to join a passionate team of experienced entrepreneurs, marketers and first-rate developers and help our customers use LookBooks successfully. If we were hipsters, we’d probably call you a Ninja or a Guru or a Maven or something like that – but we’re not. But you can dress in black and bring throwing stars to work if you like.
What we think you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the EVP Business Development & Marketing, you will be primarily focused on ensuring that LookBookHQ’s customers have a great experience during their initial engagement with LookBooks. You will be a key part of the LookBookHQ team – taking the customer from the sales team, ensuring that they make and share great looking LookBooks and then handing them over to the warm embrace of our customer support team. This is a sales / account management / client services role.
Specifically, you will:
- Define and get buy-in from the customer to a process with deliverables and milestones over a specific period (e.g. 30 day trial), such that the successful completion of the process sees the trialing customer become a proper paying customer.
- Be primarily customer facing and pull in other members of the LookBookHQ team as required – e.g. customer support for LookBook best practices training.
- Identify new product features and improvements based on customer feedback during trials.
- In the event that the customer does not convert to a proper paying customer, be able to identify and explain the reasons why.
Based in Toronto but international travel is a possibility occasionally.
What we think you’ll be like (because we are):
- Self-starter and able to use your initiative; entrepreneurial in outlook (we are a start-up). High energy, inspirational and used to championing new ideas (without being “in your face” annoying…).
- Very organized with excellent project management skills.
- An excellent communicator, both in person and on paper.
- Tenacious and highly focused. Someone who doesn’t take being “too busy” as an excuse for inactivity.
- A background in marketing / PR / digital communications would be advantageous as you’ll be able to empathise with our customers and talk marketing (e.g. know your demand gen from your lead nurturing).
- Technology savvy – know your way around the usual tools and social network suspects. Familiarity with marketing automation technology such as Eloqua, Marketo and Hubspot would be a plus.
- Quick to learn, flexible and not afraid of new challenges.
- Personable. Would we want to have a pint with you? Would you be buying?
Ideally you should be better than we were at your age and capable of running a company (yours, someone else’s, ours) in 5 years and a team well before that.
What we’re offering in return (we’re good like that):
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus and potential opportunity to participate in employee stock option programme.
- Participation in a good benefits programme.
- Excellent growth and development prospects – if you’re the right person, your success will be linked to the company’s success.
- The chance to be part of something genuinely exciting.