Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission, North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Customer Communications Specialist.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, coordination and analysis of TTC marketing programs
- Develop, implement, analyze and revise marketing plans for products
- Develop co-op promotions designed to increase transit ridership and fare media sales as well as coordinate and implement joint marketing projects with various outside businesses and organizations
- Provide direction to the advertising agency in the development of advertising and display material
- Interpret market research to identify trends, and develop strategies for reaching key target segments through various media, print and transit advertising
- Monitor annual revenue and expense budget for products and produce budget summaries
- Administer and manage accounts/projects from conceptual stage to completion; and manage ongoing communications requirements including reports, memos, etc.
- Assist in the development of the marketing plan
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge of marketing and communications principles, methods, and practices
- Ability to manage several major accounts/projects concurrently, and to accomplish objectives within time constraints
- Sound judgement; good organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively deal with customers in the promotion of the TTC's marketing programs
- Demonstrated promotional and/or sales skills including experience in making sales calls and public speaking
- Experience with budgeting procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Completion of a college diploma in a related field combined with directly related experience working in a project-oriented environment
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
Last Day to Apply: February 05, 2015