At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with artists, photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for a Creative Services Director to join our team and hit the ground running, working alongside the Account Management, Design and Production departments as we deliver world-class art to our international clients.
If you love adjusting to moving targets, keeping everybody in the loop and strategically aligning client ‘asks’ with internal resources, congrats, you’re on to phase 2 of the application process. Now if you do the above with a smile on your face and get bored when things aren’t busy, you’re even closer to becoming a Farmhand.
Reporting to the COO, the Creative Services Director is FBFA’s gatekeeper and wrangler. You allocate resources to clients, drawing on strategic data from FBFA systems to help ensure the right people are working on the right projects. From there, you make sure there’s clear communication across all FBFA departments and that we’re all moving in the same direction, delivering the best possible customer service experience and art collections to our interior design, corporate and hospitality clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Facilitates communication and clarity across departments to deliver excellent customer service and curated art collections
- Utilizes real-time metrics from FBFA systems to ensure creative resources are effectively allocated through project lifecycle
- Continually assesses, facilitates and updates individual departments in response to evolving project requirements
- Accountable to project profitability and protective of creative resources
- Responsible for helping the organization adapt and re-strategize processes as new data becomes available
- Ensures FBFA’s rigorous SOPs are constantly adapting to the changing needs of the business and its customers
- Champions and facilitates accountability and continuous improvement across all departments
- Maintains universal schedule for all active projects
- Love and value art, design and culture
- Have 5-8 years experience in managing large teams across complex, fast-paced environments
- Creative agency experience in a project management or administrative role strongly favored
- Hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in business administration, communication or similar
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a high level of professionalism
- Possess excellent communication skills, as well as a strong vocabulary in descriptive art and design language
- Understand basic digital image / graphic art processes (eg. image resolution and aspect ratios)
- Expert understanding of Microsoft office
- Experience working in Netsuite, Basecamp and Slack preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects; can take a project from start to finish in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate an independent initiative to further improve processes and developments
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 3,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
- Full-time employment
- Compensation based on experience
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for interviews and meetings will be contacted. No phone calls, no drop-ins and no recruiters please.