Creative Producer, Marketing Content, Marketing and Communications (English Services) - VAN00974 full-time
Creative Producer, Marketing Content, Marketing and Communications (English Services) - VAN00974
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Vancouver is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the local Communications and Marketing team. You are a creative powerhouse, keen storyteller, thrives as a clever problem-solver, loves making cool content, pushing innovative boundaries, and has an impressive portfolio to back it up.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Communications and Brand, you are a strong leader and innovator with proven experience producing high-impact marketing and communications content for earned, owned and paid media channels.
As a modern, visual storyteller, you are meticulous about quality and aesthetics, and motivated by both the creative and data-driven sides of marketing, branding and storytelling. You will play a crucial role collaborating with CBC British Columbia’s journalists, hosts, editorial producers and external partners, with a natural ability to highlight talent at their best. You are in command of the production and post-production process, and your portfolio showcases your experience. You’ve got an incredible eye for design, and you are just as comfortable with a camera, Photoshop and Premiere Pro as you are writing witty scripts and riveting social copy. You’re highly organised, creative, self-motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with strict deadlines. As a director and producer, you’re a positive force for the brand and the impactful work of the public broadcaster.
- Conceptualise, plan and execute content production video and photoshoots with project ownership tasks ranging from briefing, scripting and collaborating with external partners and stakeholder approvals.
- Direct, light, shoot, source soundtrack, edit video for CBC BC content marketing efforts.
- Animate stunning titles and promos to create visual excitement.
- Manage and develop content briefs for multimedia content.
- Create and produce commercials for TV according to broadcast regulations.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and develop opportunities to grow our digital footprint, including coordination, planning, scripting, and distribution of video.
- Design illustrations, artboards, and supporting imagery to promote video initiatives.
- Support other project initiatives as a creative collaborator, as required.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to optimise for SEO and social media best practices, craft transcripts for video burn-ins, captioning, and social media optimization efforts.
- Ensure both marketing and product content is within scope, on track, and delivered in a timely manner to align with CBC British Columbia’s goals and initiatives.
- Manage, plan and execute a cross-channel content calendar supporting Marketing and Communications needs for BC.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Have experience as a content producer for 5+ years.
- Previous in-studio and on-location photo/video shoot production experience.
- Critical thinker with the ability to produce engaging and educational content that captures target audiences.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital media and marketing trends, what generates engagement among different demographics on each social platform and SEO best practices.
- Have experience developing, producing, and leading the content creation process, while collaboratively working with editorial and communications teams.
- Extensive knowledge of video and audio editing and tools (Avid Media Composer / Adobe Premiere Pro / Adobe After Effects / Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Excellent writing skills, knowledge of writing for different platforms and audiences.
- Skilled in capturing video on a range of modern cameras.
- Ability to use wide range of camera accessories to support creative visuals including gimbals.
- Setting up wireless microphones and monitoring audio recording while filming.
- Creative shooting techniques/style.
- Skilled in lighting conception and setup for shoots in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Experience in managing media assets in a visual promo environment.
- Able to export and transcode media in a variety of formats and sizes.
- Strong editorial abilities with emphasis on creating an engaging story.
- Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create a content plan.
- Great design sensibility.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Familiarity with Sony family of cameras is a plus.
- Experience/understanding of how to use closed caption software.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask and wear many hats.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings tracking toward production dates.
- Availability to travel for short periods if required.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
Interested candidates must submit a recent demo reel. A polished reel, or simply links to your available work will be acceptable. If submitting links to past work, please detail your specific involvement, especially for any projects that were a collaboration.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.