Creative Manager & Writer full-time
You have the skills. You possess the drive. What you need is a place where you're given immediate responsibility. The opportunity to make real-world impact. At Capital One, we provide credit cards to customers fitted to their specific needs. Our entrepreneurial spirit and drive to stand out in the industry has led us to become a Fortune 500 company and one of the top 50 employers in the GTA. And it's here that you'll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values your collaborative and analytical abilities.
We’re looking for a seasoned creative leader and experienced writer to be part of our very dynamic in-house creative team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a team of writers and technical editors
- Writing for a variety of channels including print advertising, direct mail and telemarketing
- Working closely with our designers in concept development and providing strategic input across a variety of marketing initiatives
What you need to have:
- Right Brain Smarts: Excellent writing skills (duh) and strong concept development abilities
- Left Brain Smarts: You think strategically and understand the importance of the “Big Idea”
- Strong people management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient computer skills
What we’ll be looking for:
- Minimum 10 years of writing experience – marketing or journalism background is preferred (we stick to CP style standards)
- Previous experience managing a creative team is preferred
- Experience writing for the Canadian credit card or financial services industry would be nice, but not necessary
NOTE: If you have an online portfolio of your work, please include the link in your resumé. We’ll be reviewing candidates’ work first to determine who we’ll be interviewing.