Does the “Reptilian Brain” concept turn you on? Are you fascinated by the continual evolution of consumer behavior in media and digital marketing? Is your bookshelf (or iPad) stocked with writings by Lindstrom, Ariely, Kaheman, Thaler and Sunstein? Are you undaunted and inspired when asked to turn raw data into prime time commercial? Do you laugh instead of wincing when you are at the creative helm of a crucial campaign? You just might be what we are looking for, then!
Currently, we are looking for a full–time Creative Director to join our team. This challenging role combines a unique and diverse mix of production management, creative leadership and business acumen, with the ultimate responsibility of translating our 1’s and 0’s into a product message that is tantalizing and enticing to both our prospective and loyal customers.
What Do We Want:
You! Yes, you!
You live and breathe modern advances in psychology - especially behavioral economics and neuromarketing and their applications in advertising. You are a well-read problem solver that would likely come from a small agency, an advertising architect with excellent copy writing skills. You have the ability to work with business minds to get a message articulated in a way that is breakthrough and compelling. You have a boundless imagination that is balanced with the deep understanding of business processes; your ability to ideate is combined with your communication skills to concisely direct the creative efforts for the team. You crave the opportunity to roll up yourselves and get dirty in the creative design process. Paperwork, what’s that!?
In addition, you will:
- Liaise with the Product Management team on ensuring ideas, philosophies, features and benefits are incorporated effectively into all creative branding and advertising
- Create, design and refine proposed creative approaches and treatments that align with the Corporate Strategy based on information provided by internal client groups
- Ensure our creative product remains leading edge and appealing while maintaining efficiencies
- Manage the creative process from star to finish including (but not limited to): art direction, design, copy writing, and production of projects (working with production houses, coordinating photo, video and film shoots etc.)
- Lead and mentor a small group of graphic designers. Set expectations and standards for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development.
- Drive constant improvement in Teligence’s creative quality and capabilities.
Who You Are
You are an energizing, inspiring and very quirky person, not only within your work – but with your work ethic and style. You have the ability to draw people together to share ideas so that they feel they own it together. You are not afraid to communicate openly at both business and technical levels. You are proud of your work, but realize due to the nature of our business, you are unlikely to win awards for it. You are happy to leave tangible rewards to others as you pursue a superior work/life balance. You are not cynical, you are not inflexible. You are all about being a part of something as great as you are.
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- Superior leadership and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of Direct Marketing, Direct Response and branding campaigns
- Well developed understanding of modern marketing techniques including: Behavioral Economics, Neuromarketing and Customer Psychology
- Constant drive towards furthering personal educational as new understandings of customer behavior are developed
- Excellence in communication, planning, time management and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated talent for creating high-caliber creative concepts
- Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate direction to others
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid understanding of Web based creative, as well as TV and print
- Ability to travel for photo shoots and all other creative work, as required.
What You'll Get
So far so good? Well keep reading!
At Teligence, we share a passion for making people happy. Driving our edgy brands is a group of intelligent, energetic and talented people who think big, dream big, and then make those dreams a reality. Together, we are committed to creating innovative technology and powerful experiences that enrich people's lives.
We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization. From development to marketing, finance to sales and customer service, we work as a team to deliver leading-edge solutions across technology and telecommunications platforms. In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition.
Who We Are
Teligence is the North American leader in voice chat.
In 1990, we ignited the social networking revolution with the introduction of Livelinks, and we haven't looked back.
Every month, millions of people around the world use our chatlines to make millions of calls, connecting with real people for friendship, dating and fun. With a diverse product line that’s grown to also include Interactive Male , RedHot Dateline, Vibeline , FonoChat Latino, and Lavender Line, we offer a better way for everyone to make the connection that’s right for them.
Today, we’ve focused on growing those connections through the introduction of exciting new products and features, and expansion beyond North America to the rest of the world.
We're an adult-oriented company, and as a Creative Director, you may be exposed to adult-oriented audio and visual content from time to time, as well as periodically may be exposed to sexually explicit conversation between members of our chatlines.
As well, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Information Resources and Computer Use Policy.