The Marketing Store is a global company that brings the spirit of brands to life. Our clients include a wide range of the worlds’ top brands and marketers. We have a positive culture and work environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels.
The Marketing Store provides innovative marketing solutions leveraging state-of-the-art technology. The Creative Director will blend ‘classic’ and ‘emerging’ art direction skills and will be responsible for the successful conceptualization and execution of multi-channel initiatives. This individual will proactively lead, coach and inspire others, not only within the creative department and studio, but across the agency at large. The Creative Director, reporting to the Managing Partner, will work closely with the internal creative department to ensure client guidelines are supported. The ideal candidate will display passion and curiosity about new opportunities and techniques that are grounded by classical training and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering well-designed, strategic solutions for a range of integrated marketing components including interactive, direct, promotion and traditional advertising.
- Acts as a people manager for a team of professionals working in the area of art direction. Supervises work, completes performance reviews, sets goals and actively mentors and motivates
- Ensures creative scope, schedule and budget are accurate.
- Develops and signs-off on creative estimates and ensures high quality, profitable execution of creative deliverables.
- Applies conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion.
- Nurtures creative personalities including art directors and writers and matches skill sets to project assignments. Sources freelancers with assistance from People & Practices as required to meet resourcing needs.
- Fulfills leadership tasks and deliverables of a CD in support of Managing Partner. Specifically, leads and directs the development and execution of short term (project specific) and long term branding creative strategies.
- Provide overall concept and art direction for photoshoot and videoshoots: art direct pre- and post-production process
- Coordinates and delivers presentations of creative concepts and design progress to clients
- Researches, explores, and communicates best practices in design and discerns which competitive ideas are most effective
- Stays connected in the industry by proactively seeking opportunities to speak at conferences and seminars of interest and relevance to The Marketing Store
- Participates in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 6-10 years relevant experience in an advertising agency
- 3-5 years experience successfully directing/ managing multidisciplinary creative teams
- Strong creative and conceptual vision and the ability to execute high quality integrated work against strategic business objectives.
- Successful experiences working with and selling to clients.
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities
- Has demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
- Experience with large, integrated cross channel campaigns
- A background that has endured the rigors of fast-paced projects and demanding creative environments
Strong client facing skills and the ability to communicate with confidence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly professional and presentable with a strong business acumen
- Comfortable with travel for business needs and client request