The Toronto Blue Jays are seeking a Creative Director to lead a group of passionate artists. We’re looking for a crazy-talented individual who continuously inspires, directs, and mentors their creative team and those around them. The right candidate must have a well-rounded understanding of design, video production and conceptual strategy. You’re as comfortable leading teams as you are jumping on the box and getting it done yourself. Your thirst for quality work, current cultural trends, and all things creative is complimented with an understanding of good design principles and a focus on detail. You can work within as well as further strengthen the brand design guidelines and communicate those clearly to others. We are looking for someone ambitious with the ability to multi-task, be a team player as well as someone that loves the game of baseball and the Blue Jays brand.
The ideal candidate is dynamic with a profound passion for art and design, known for forward-thinking and visionary perspectives. Leading creative strategy, ideation, and fostering a collaborative, positive work environment, this candidate is dedicated to personal and team growth. They excel in photography, videography, and directing creative functions, ensuring goal achievement. With a seamless transition from visionary leader to hands-on contributor, they lead the conceptualization, strategy, and production of campaigns across platforms.
This individual excels in developing impactful ideas, distinguishing between mediocre and outstanding work. They possess a strong understanding of data and market trends, maintaining discipline in meeting deadlines and organizing creative teams. Serving as a steward of the Toronto Blue Jays brand, they contribute to consistency through brand guideline development and bring specialized knowledge in design and multimedia.
Thriving in a team environment, they embrace direction, welcome constructive feedback, and believe in continuous learning. Proven effectiveness under pressure and meeting deadlines is a consistent standard.
- Lead the team in brand campaign creation, conceptualization, production and asset development across all platforms
- Direct acquisition campaign asset design and execution
- Work collaboratively to develop, execute and ensure consistency of brand/campaign guidelines across the organization
- Lead a team to create and build assets as needed including email marketing, websites, digital and social media, print, and billboards.
- Ensures the work reflects the business and brand requirements and objectives
- Manage projects from conceptualization to final product, working closely with the team to adhere to project timelines.
- Proactively bring forward new ideas, inspirational references and creative design thinking to elevate the Blue Jays brand
- Stay abreast of industry, competitor, and cultural trends, incorporating relevant references into digital initiatives and/or creative projects
- Identify training opportunities for team members and facilitate their growth and development
- 10+ years of professional experience creating campaigns and branding with a strong understanding and foundation in design/art fundamentals
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field (graphic design, fine arts, advertising, marketing etc.)
- Experience leading a team of designers and video production professionals
- Strong copy writing capability and experience
- Specialized knowledge of graphic design and layout Extensive knowledge of and ability to work in Adobe Creative Suites, including motion and building animations with Adobe After Effects
- Strong understanding of social media and video formats, codecs, resolutions etc.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve on an analytical level
- Strong and clear written and verbal communications skills
- General knowledge of the game of baseball and passion for the Blue Jays brand
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio and resume.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!