Midfield is a Creative Marketing Agency who connect clients with the people who matter the most to them! We are a team who don’t take life too seriously, who believe you can have fun and work hard all at the same time. At Midfield, our work is an expression of our personality and values. This approach is our creative lifeblood.
Midfield is currently seeking a passionate and motivated Creative Director who craves the chance to become a key thought leader at our growing agency. You should be leadership-driven, steering and executing the creative vision of Midfield. The Creative Director is responsible for guiding all phases of the creative process, from concept, campaign creation and strategy, to overseeing design, copywriting, and content production at the agency. We will look to you to be our creative maven, helping to set the direction, style and methodology of the creative team.
We will ask you to make significant contributions to a wide range of projects from social, digital, branding and content development, to the creation of next-generation brand experiences that transcend the physical and the digital.
From ideation to completion, we will look to you to be the creative visionary at Midfield, touching on all aspects of the business both internally and for our clients. You will be collaborating with accounts, brand activation, digital, social and production teams to advocate and inspire great ideas and work dynamically within multidisciplinary teams. Most importantly you will mentor younger talent and challenge them to grow and learn.
- Champion the creative vision
- Assume responsibility of creative and branding teams at Midfield
- Produce intelligent and on strategy creative solutions that reflect or instill brand personality
- Manage the concept strategy and deliver the creative designs which meet the goals of our clients and their brands
- Communicate creative vision by defining the creative conceptual framework for all projects
- Develop a strong relationship with the management and the account teams
- Delegate workflow to appropriate team members
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are complete, accurate and followed
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work
- Assume ultimate accountability for the design and copy quality of all work
- Have a clear understanding of latest creative & design trends
- Be well versed in digital / social design, supporting asset & content development
- Contribute to the new business activities of the agency
- Actively seeks out innovation within the marketing discipline and acts as the guiding force for their teams in identifying opportunities
- Will actively participate in staff planning, selection, performance management, career development, employee relations and related HR matters
- Demonstrate a collaborative work ethic
- Must be knowledgeable of digital (web, interactive, and social media), print production process, broadcast production (TV, video and radio production), photo art direction and experiential design
- 8 - 10 years working in a creative leadership role (brand or agency), 5-6 years managing a group (brand or agency)
- BFA or BA in related field, graduate degree in Design or Media (environmental/graphic/web design), or equivalent experience
- Must possess an extensive knowledge of design principles as well as a technical knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- A demonstrated ability to creatively apply your skills to various media and mediums
- Proven ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have skills
- An understanding of typography and its importance in clean design
- An understanding of web design principles
- Social Content Development Experience
- Solid Apple iWork and MS Office Suite skills
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Medium to expert level foosball skills
This is a full-time salaried position and includes a generous performance bonus plan. Midfield also offers a competitive group benefits package, cell phone, highly flexible work schedule and generous vacation package. This role will offer the applicant significant room for growth at our agency.