Are you driven by impact? At hcma, we want to live in a world where people feel connected to their communities. Where we can work together to make a lasting difference to the issues that matter.
Of course, the problems we’re all facing—both socially and environmentally—are complex and interdependent. Design alone can’t fix them. Nor strategy, architecture, or engagement. But together, our combined expertise can make a difference.
Our Communication Design team is growing. We need a visionary Creative Director to take us to the next level. Is that you?
We design brands that move people, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with communities. We create inclusive wayfinding and experiential design that helps everyone feel welcome. We collaborate across a range of interdisciplinary briefs with our colleagues in architecture, sustainability, and social impact.
We’re looking for a Creative Director (leadership role) to:
- guide the creative vision and strategy for our communication design team, and inspire creative excellence across the firm
- champion hcma as a creative force in the design community, and pursue opportunities to speak, publish, and advocate for design, locally and globally
- work with our Client Services Director to define, sell, and deliver design services and solutions to further our aspirations, reach, and impact
What you will do:
- steer strategic direction of communication design services, including brand strategy, visual identity, wayfinding and signage, digital, print, and beyond
- lead, champion, and collaborate with a team of incredibly talented designers
- oversee the successful delivery of all design projects across the team, with responsibility for maintaining highest standards of design and delivering against client brief
- develop brand strategy for clients, shaping and leading research, workshops, and engagement
Ideally, you bring:
- outstanding design talent, and proven experience delivering inspiring and impactful brand and design projects for clients and communities
- an innate and infectious curiosity paired with an agility and can-do attitude that suits a non-linear creative environment
- a collaborative spirit and experience leading a design team: you’re good at building trusting relationships and you love coaching designers, celebrating their unique strengths, and nurturing their growth
- 10+ years' of honed experience and craft across a wide range of sectors, including strategy, brand, design, and production, in both print and digital
What we offer
- the freedom to do things differently and lead an ambitious and talented communication design team poised for growth
- a firm-wide commitment to partnering with purpose-driven clients who share hcma’s values
- interdisciplinary collaboration with architects, interior designers, and other specialists across the firm to achieve greater impact and better design solutions
- the stability and resources of an independent and forward-thinking firm committed to pushing the social impact of design