The Creative Director at RM Sotheby’s will be an essential figure to the company’s ability to ideate and create exciting new brand experiences while working collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Creative team. It doesn’t take much for them to think of creative, exciting ways to help bring the RM Sotheby’s vision come to life. They think of new advertising campaigns, promotional strategies and experiential initiatives and lead their ideas through to execution. They are decisive and capable of delivering inventive solutions to the brand’s needs. With an incredibly fine eye for design and a focus on creative and elegant work, they take initiative to get involved in all areas of the business, producing content with a consistent, reliable look and feel. They recognize that the fast-paced auction environment is a high-pressure environment, but this is something they thrive on.
The Creative Director at RM Sotheby’s has experience in brand building, but are generally interested in the diverse number of tasks that they get to have a hand in as part of a continuously growing company. Developing and managing relationships with the other departments comes easy to them because they are adaptable, easy to get along with and a strong communicator. They work well within the team and have no trouble getting work done on their own, as well as liaising with both external and internal partners. The Creative Director drives ideas and breathes passion.
Main Duties and Associated Tasks
- Develop ideas and design concepts that advance our brand strategy
- Lead creative work to build on our auctions from start to finish
- Develop and direct on new concepts, and brings ideas to life
- Liaise with the creative team, ensuring creative consistency
- Prepare project briefs for project executions
- Work in a cohesive manner with the Director of Marketing, Creative and Production teams
- Manage executions including timelines, and key deliverables
- Lead the ideation and execution of multi-auction brand building
- Create content for print and digital outlets
- Lead the design of graphic material for use in marketing programs
- Must be able to work in Canada
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Graphic design acumen and knowledge of applicable programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- An extensive background with experience in a creative leadership role who has strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, print advertising, and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Proven leadership skills. We need someone who is confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change—we need someone who can roll with it.
- Experience conceiving brand building exercises and taking the lead to make them come alive