D + H is a Canadian Company that is proud to be a leading solutions provider to the financial services marketplace. Founded in 1875, the company today provides innovative programs, technology products and technology based business services to customers who offer chequing accounts, credit card accounts, and personal, commercial, and other lending and leasing products.
The Creative Designer will help build D+H’s capability to deliver innovative, intuitive and engaging customer experiences by producing designs for a broad range of digital and interactive media (mobile, web and kiosk). The Designer will evangelize their role across the organization and will develop and facilitate creative workshops. They will have the opportunity to build their portfolio in a dynamic, team based environment and their work will ultimately be on display across a broad range of digital assets.
- Work with business analysts and/or process engineers to model, storyboard and script user experiences, scenarios, and user cases through program or project execution
- Create compelling and effective visual design for diverse multi-channel digital experiences including desktop, web portal, mobile browser, mobile, and possibly more
- Produce original creative elements including visual compositions, layouts, mockups, wireframes, style guides, graphics and more for use in executive presentations, business development, solution concepts, prototypes, technology solutions, change management artifacts (e.g. users guides, training materials)
- Work with fellow customer engagement practice members, corporate and client branding departments and product development teams to define collective customer experience
- Translate user experience documentation and creative briefs into images and interaction spaces
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across specific channel experiences by promoting uniform fonts, formatting icons, images, and layouts, and creating appropriate images and templates to assist.
- Build and contribute to our database of creative assets (wireframes, images, re-usable style guides, HTML5, CSS)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in visual design for digital and interactive media
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in graphic arts, creative design, or related discipline
- Technology platform exposure such as Microsoft (.NET, Web, Mobile), Apple (iPad, iOS), Google (Galaxy, Android), or Java based development for use in web or mobile applications, intranets and extranets as well as public web sites and media
- Proficiency in using common office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Graphic Design (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite), Desktop Publishing, and other Creative services tools
- Understanding and experience with modern front-end, multi-channel (web and mobile) design options, guiding principles, usability and standards
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with delivery focused deadlines
- Produces high quality, creative and innovative designs and design systems with minimal direction
- Relocation assistance is not available with this opportunity.
D+H values employment equity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including members of designated groups. D+H will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
D+H promotes a safe and secure work environment that protects all D+H employees and the assets entrusted to us. All successful candidates will be required to undergo a thorough background screening process including, but not limited to, criminal and credit background screening as well as employment reference checks. Only candidates who meet or exceed the background screening requirements will be considered for employment with D+H.