The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and retail experiences, the Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary destinations. After 9 years of acknowledged success, the Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth as we extended our cultural mandate to our new outposts; Drake One Fifty, our first stand alone restaurant nestled in Toronto’s bustling Financial District and Drake Devonshire Inn, opening soon in Prince Edward County.
We are seeking a culturally astute CREATIVE CONTENT WRITER, with knowledge of all things art, pop culture, DJs, indie music, food, restaurants, travel, design, lifestyle, photography + more, to join our dynamic marketing team and capture the voice of Drake. This copy savvy, social networker, blogger and foodie will have impeccable writing skills and a network of connections, and followers as well as the ability to transition seamlessly into Drake's ecosystem; where business, community, culture and ingenuity all intersect.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regularly develops copy/content for a wide range of applications including print collateral, website content, e-mail marketing, press releases, social media, blog content.
- All aspects of AKE monthly eNewlsetter, including image and digital asset collection and assembly within existing technical platform.
- Responsible for ownership, management and consistent application of “Drake voice”
- Works as part of Creative Team to develop concept and content for various campaign or other applications
- Manages social media channels/platforms, including image selection, writes content, posting, developing and executing social media strategies, developing strategies and tactics to grow following, creating and adhering to social media calendar
- Engages internal and external contributors for blog content. Researches and produces 5 to 6 blog articles per week
- Reputation Management and customer service – replies to comments and questions, expedites issues to appropriate resources and ensures resolution, as required
- Produce feedback + follow up metrics
- Minimum of 2 to a maximum of 5 years creative writing in a business or agency setting
- Has worked or is working as part of a creative team including graphic artists or Art Directors, Editors
- Has written or interpreted strategic or creative briefs which have included business requirements and objectives, operating conditions and other relevant input.
- Food & Beverage and/or hospitality industry a definite asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication - strong copy editing skills and attention to detail
- Advanced research abilities
- Expert knowledge of social media outlets and practices
- Experience developing and updating websites
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Completion of University degree or college diploma in a related area, such as English, Literature, Advertising, Marketing, creative writing, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Drake employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.