Department/Campus: Student Support Services, Woodroffe
Reports To: Manager, Student Engagement
Salary Range: $49,047 to $56,862 per annum based on a 36.25 hour work week. ($25.92-$30.05 per hour - Payband F) The College also offers a comprehensive range of fringe benefits.
Job Posted Until: 08-Dec-2015 (noon)
Posting Type: Internal/External (Employees that are full-time internal candidates, as defined by the Support Staff Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration).
Reporting to the Manager, Student Engagement, the incumbent is responsible for the development of all promotional materials from the stages of conceptualization, design and production undertaken by the AC Hub in Student Support Services. The materials will elevate awareness, interest and promote student engagement, events and services to the College Community, and surrounding regional communities.
Using a variety of physical and electronic media, the incumbent also produces designs and prepares camera ready artwork for production and web designs ensuring compliance with the College’s design criteria and quality standards, in-line with the College’s strategic marketing objectives. In collaboration with the College Marketing, all design documents will support, maintain and adhere to the College’s strategic marketing objectives.
The incumbent must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Fluid Survey Eventbrite and Mailchimp with knowledge of both PC and Mac platforms, along with an excellent understanding of design elements, popular trends. A design style conducive to a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset.
Experience in Social Media, Photograph and Video Production is required. The incumbent will be required to work evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Minimum of a (2) two-year College Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent education;
- A minimum of (3) three years technical and creative experience in print graphics, electronic/digital graphics, and web environments;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Eventbrite and Mailchimp with knowledge of both PC and Mac platforms;
- Excellent understanding of design elements and popular trends, is required;
- Creative and marketing knowledge/experience in order to develop new creative campaigns for specific targets, and preparing analytics to support initiatives;
- Experience in Social Media, Photography and Video Production is required;
- Experience dealing with media buyers, and other vendors regarding production deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proven ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- A design style conducive to a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the College and Student Support Services would be considered an asset.
- Flexible work schedule; including the ability to work evenings and weekends.?