Break free from tradition and join this innovative and fast-paced environment. Our world headquarters is situated in the financial district of Vancouver, Canada with regional headquarters in Austin, Texas and Newbury in the U.K. Absolute currently has over 5.5 million computer security subscriptions under management, annual revenue growth and positive cash flow. We have been awarded BCTIA Company of the year, the International Stevie Award for Best New Computer Software Product and the prestigious CODiE Award Winner for Best Data Security Solution.
We are currently looking for a Corporate Communications Writer to join our Marketing team.
Reporting to the Director, Product Marketing, this is an amazing opportunity for a strong writer to influence and create some of our highest-profile strategic communications with a focus on customer case studies, press releases, web copy, articles for publications, and other content.We are looking for a smart writer who can quickly produce persuasive and engaging content. As a member of the marketing team you will share in the responsibility of maintaining consistency across product lines, verticals, and geographies -- engaging with internal groups to keep everything on message.
You are a natural researcher and a stickler for details and accuracy. You will be expected to balance a large workload working to an aggressive schedule so you need to be skilled in planning, priority setting and decision making.
Some responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Customer case studies: Manage the entire process including customer interviews, approvals, and written content for final review
- Press releases: Create draft content and assist in managing the approval process through to final version including legal reviews and approvals
- Marketing content & collateral: Develop messaging and copy for social media, brochures, website, emails, whitepapers, and other market-specific materials including promotional and advertising copy (headlines, pop-ups, banners, etc.)
- Product & Partner content: Understand our partners and products and use the knowledge to create messaging and sales tools that support this part of our business
The ideal candidate will have most of these attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (BS/BA in English or Journalism or equivalent) is preferred
- 3+ years experience in writing marketing communications copy
- Excellent customer interviewing skills
- A strong track record of writing within high tech and the portfolio to prove it
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management