Status: Maternity Leave Replacement (12-18 months)
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, this role provides critical internal and external communications support in both English and French. This exciting position manages the corporate and internal communications and leads the internal and external execution of Plan Canada's brand identity guidelines. This role also leads in the development of French language materials (and/or coordinates the translation) that support the core functions of the Communications team- including marketing communications, digital and website communications, as well as other external communications efforts.
This position is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Corporate and internal communications responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's overall strategic communications goals across a variety of channels
- Coordinate, edit and/or write speeches
- Produce corporate communications materials, such as pamphlets, brochures, videos, internal communications templates, etc.
- Communication support to internal functions such as marketing, digital, and human resources
- Lead a variety of all-staff communications such as town halls, internal newsletter, etc.
- Brand execution and promotion through brand tools (ID standards, guidelines); brand orientation (liaising with internal and external partners); Because I am a Girl initiative integration
- Project management support including liaison with agencies and other suppliers
- General writing, editing and proofreading
- Photo / video research
- Content research
- Develop and/or coordinate translation and production of French-language communications for Strategic Communications team
- Manage, source and edit French website content
- Liaise with translators and ensure the quality and accuracy of external translations
- Review translated material created across the organization to ensure quality, accuracy and the consistency of the Plan Canada voice in French
- 5 - 7 years' experience in public affairs and/or corporate and/or marketing communications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field
- Fluency in French preferred; proficiency in French will be considered
- Experience in branding and/or marketing and corporate communications to the French-language market in Canada
- Experience in digital communications an asset
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in both English and French
- Previous project management experience
- A passion for story-telling
- Superior research and fact checking skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Resourcefulness, innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to manage several priorities
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive "can do" attitude
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
About Plan Canada
Imagine working for a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) that's dedicated to creating a better world. That's Plan, a global movement for change, mobilizing millions of people around the world to support social justice for children in developing countries. Founded in 1937, we are one of the world's oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, we have only one agenda: to improve the lives of children.
Plan Canada is part of a global network of offices in over 65 countries. Our busy Toronto-based office undertakes fundraising, donor engagement and public outreach, as well as overseeing a wide variety of field programs led by our International Program Department, which includes experts in Health, Education, Microfinance, Gender equity, Child Protection and Humanitarian Assistance. We have a dedicated, passionate and diverse team of over 150 employees who are committed to making a difference in the lives of children. Join us and plan to change the world.
Visit plancanada.ca and plancanada.ca/fr