Communications & Branding Manager contract
Founded over 40 years ago, Maxxam Analytics (www.maxxam.ca) has developed into Canada's commercial leader in analytical services and solutions to the energy, environmental, food and DNA industries. Today, our 2,000 dedicated employees proudly lead the industry in depth of technical and scientific expertise and serve customers through the only national network of laboratories. In processing over 3,000,000 samples and generating in excess of 30,000,000 results annually, Maxxam skillfully combines efficiency and customer service with rigorous science and uncompromising quality management. Maxxam is committed to success with responsibility - to its stakeholders, to its communities, and to the environment.
To help manage the image and reputation of Maxxam, the company is seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications and Branding. This position will be based in Mississauga, ON or Burnaby, BC, depending on the candidate pool. This is a one-year contract to cover a maternity leave.
- Develop, promote and enforce brand standards and guidelines across all mediums and lines of business including brand support and guidance to the Marketing group.
- Plan and develop materials to support corporate image and strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to customer experience by developing and implementing standards for all physical customers touch points.
- Develop and approve advertising, major sponsorships, social media activities; continually improving processes and optimizing spend.
- Develop, execute and support company-wide internal communications to promote key business initiatives and ensure employee engagement.
- Oversee external website and corporate intranet.
- Draft CEO and Senior Management communications as needed.
- Source and manage external suppliers as needed.
- Coach, train and develop more junior staff.
QUALIFICATIONS [Minimum Requirements]:
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7-10 years related professional experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A results-oriented self-starter, creative problem solver, hands-on practitioner
- Able to drive projects from strategy through to execution.
- Strong people skills with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Able to build enhanced communications capability from the ground up.
- Content management experience on website/intranet (SEO experience an asset).