JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
The Corporate Communications Administrator is responsible for the development and maintenance of effective business communication and all supporting materials for the purposes of communicating information to internal and external audiences. This position acts as the central point of contact for the organization, possessing superior customer service skills as a corporate host while maintaining JJM’s corporate values.
- Provide support to the executive team as required.
- Provide position backup coverage for the Communications & Construction Services Manager for all tender submissions, including the preparation of documents, review of package for accuracy and completeness and coordination of timely delivery to owners.
- Receive all incoming calls and inquiries. Direct calls and take messages when required including telephone number, last name and company name. Relay messages via email as applicable.
- Act as initial contact and corporate host for walk-in visitors. This includes taking and directing inquiries to the appropriate person or department, offering seats and beverages to guests and hanging up guests’ coats.
- Distribute incoming faxes and send outgoing faxes.
- Update and distribute internal JJM telephone list.
- Coordinate all courier packages (incoming and outgoing) including complete cost allocation to appropriate division.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of corporate meetings and event planning, including logistics (e.g. the organization and distribution of milestone birthday and anniversary cards and cakes, the creation of invitations, RSVPs, catering, venue (boardroom bookings at JJM and FAST), décor, giveaways, equipment, materials and general set-up and take-down).
- Provide administrative support to the Communications & Construction Services Manager as required.
- Support the implementation of a goal-oriented and strategic corporate communications plan.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with departments and designated committees within the organization to research, organize, plan and write/edit all corporate communications content, presentation design and photography.
- Responsible for the communications content, stories and images for the corporate monthly newsletter from outline to publication and distribution.
- Research and identify industry specific opportunities/awards for corporate application. Draft, prepare and submit all approved applications that:
- Meet the specific requirements of the sponsor
- Include a budget for all direct and indirect costs
- Determine available or required resources to satisfy all award requirements
- Includes all necessary supporting documentation.
- Create, update and manage branding graphics and guidelines, including version control, to ensure consistency and the proper use of all branding materials by staff.
- Maintain JJM’s website by creating and updating website communications content and images.
- Organize, plan and prepare budgets/checklists for all internal and external company events and exhibitions.
- Create, update and distribute all corporate communication digital and print materials including internal corporate templates, brochures, roll-up banners, invitations, announcements and business cards, etc.
- Liaise with external printing companies to order and ensure quality of printed materials when required.
- Create, grow and maintain corporate social media accounts with relevant, interesting and visually appealing content that reflects the company’s brand and corporate values, including maintaining analytics.
- Organize all images of JJM projects, corporate events and personnel for corporate communications use.
- Maintain and update communications material archives, libraries and databases.
- Bachelor’s from a recognized university in Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Previous experience with online website management platforms such as WordPress.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience with popular social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite and Instagram).
- Familiar with online invitation programs such as Evite.
- Experience in the hospitality industry, project or event planning is a significant asset.
- Experience working with contracts is an asset.