The Copywriting Specialist is responsible for writing content for websites using customer supplied information. They will gather additional textual content for customers' current websites. This information will be obtained from multiple internal and external sources, such as current and past advertising available through our company database, general information relevant to customer's industry and related websites. Will optimize website searches by the strategic placement and usage of relevant industry keywords and specific products and services supplied by the customer. This position will have the ultimate responsibility for the website's textual content.
A. Research and Writing
- Review customer supplied keywords and business information to create/edit full sentences, paragraphs and pages that represent the customer's business and provides search engine optimization.
- Ensure all gathered content is sufficient and complete.
- Research all online tools and purchased products to collect additional information about each business.
- Determine if customer supplied information is sufficient enough to produce adequate website content for each website product.
- Take decision when to query/reject textual content to the Multimedia Content Agent if YPG or customer standards are not met.
- Communicate effectively with management/supervisor.
- Openly communicate new ideas that could help maximize workflow efficiency.
- Asks pertinent questions in regards to ambiguous textual content and communicates with Multimedia Content Agents for solutions.
- Advanced Word
- Intermediate Excel
- College Diploma
- 1-2 years Copywriting, creative writing, proofreading, or editing
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Analytical; able to provide creative, new ideas.
- Able to work independently; customer-focused.
- Able to work as a team.
- Able to deal with several tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Able to manage priorities and stress.
- Very good communications skills (verbal and written).
- Work experience with a publications company an asset.